Monday, January 12, 2026

Wedding Day!

 Sunday morning we woke up, ate breakfast, and then Daddy, Uncle A, and Auntie K took the five youngest to Sunday school.

 
We arrived at 9:30 and didn't need to be ready until 12:30 but that time went quickly and we still ended up rushing at the end! I didn't get very many pictures because I was busy doing hair. The girls got ready at the Hall in a side room, and the boys got ready at our house.

 
Bug gave each of her bridesmaids a gold bracelet with their initial on it. 

 
I did Peanut's hair first. 
 
 
 
Then I did Bug's and the girls helped her with her makeup. 

 
Then I did one of the bridesmaid's hair...I think Boo did most of the others and she also did mine. T brought the little ones up after Sunday school and they loved running around and hanging out with the big girls, listening to music and dancing. A few days later I heard Peaches tell someone that was her favorite part of the wedding. :) I did their hair and got them dressed and we were scrambling to finish as the photographer arrived!
 
Meanwhile Auntie Nae had come with us and spent over three hours preparing a 24 foot charcuterie board!!! It turned out AMAZING! She did such a beautiful job and it looked like a work of art! 
 
Here's a video...
 

 Wow!! Thank you Auntie Nae for working so hard to make such a beautiful table!! Auntie M also helped when they got there and I think she was the one who formed the really cool meat roses!
 
As the bridesmaids were finishing lacing up their dresses (the backs laced like a shoe and it took a long time to get them tied!) Bug got started on pictures. We started with a first look between her and Daddy. It was such a sweet moment!! 
 
 
I was peeking in from the back and took these pictures. :) 


 Then she and F did a first look but we all cleared out to give them privacy so I didn't get any pictures. I did get our flower girls while we were waiting. :)
 
 
I tried very hard not to take too many pictures or get in the photographers way but I did grab this one while he was checking his camera. They looked so beautiful and handsome! And the flowers turned out amazing!! These are actually wood flowers. Bug is really good at arranging fresh flowers so we ordered all the stems thinking she would be able to put together the bouquets and sprays, but once they all came she kind of got stuck. One of our good friends at church is a retired florist and offered to help her and she did a BEAUTIFUL job putting everything together! They are gorgeous and the best part is we can keep them! 

 
We ran through the list of all the wedding party and family members pretty quickly! T grabbed this one of Bug and I.
 
 
Then once the official list was done they started taking silly pictures. The girls took a break and sat down and the guys started getting goofy. 


 
They took dozens of hilarious pictures like this. Goofballs. 

 
I was pretty pleased with how well the decorations turned out...simple but effective in making the Hall look nice! 

 
Bug wanted a hot chocolate bar so T built this adorable stand one weekend out of scrap wood laying around the property! It turned out so cute!! And he surprised us all with a Lego portrait of the couple which he hung up. :) 

 
The boys looked so handsome all dressed up for the wedding. Little J is so sweet! 

 
Noni kept them busy with some toys and games while we waited for the pictures to be done and the guests to arrive. 

 
K and I made sure to grab a picture together since we usually forget. :)

 
Pretty girls! 

 
And Noni and I made sure to get one too! 

 
I'm not sure when T took this one of the littlest two laying on one of the kitchen counters. :) 

 
I think Noni took this one. 

 
It was so fun to catch up with my cousins and get to spend time together!

 
We are so blessed with supportive, loving families! It was wonderful to have everyone here to help us celebrate this milestone! 

 
Wedding pictures tomorrow! 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment