Saturday, January 24, 2026

Tree Judging!

The little ones and I were asked to judge the tree decorating contest at the hospital this year...I think they should have told the departments who their judges were going to be because they might have gone a different way, haha. I pretty much voted the total opposite of the girls on everything. Lou was brutal. T was helping her and asking her the questions like, "Do you think it looks like they put a lot of effort into their decorations?" and she would say, "Not really" when they obviously had. Tough critic. Haha. Peaches was the opposite. She gave almost everyone full points. Lol.

I am not a Christmas Vacation person but I had to vote Radiology number one for their detailed dive into the classic. They really went for their theme and even had the imaging supervisor dressed up as Clark, complete with a stuffed squirrel attached to his back!

  
 
I didn't get a great picture but they had the RV hose stretched across the hallway. 

 
This was the girls' number one pic. They liked all the blue and white and there was Christmas music playing and blue and white candy canes. Each person that works in there made a paper snowflake. There was also a sign that said "Chillin' in the OR" which is funny because they have to keep it cold. 
 
 
 This was the tree Bug helped decorate. She made the poster. I guess these are all drugs that sedate people and they decorated the tree with drug directions and vials, syringes, and even an IV bag. The tree was tied to the wall with a restraint strap...so funny!
 
 
 
I missed getting a picture of the Buddy the Elf room...they went all out and even had a plate of spaghetti with Poptarts and colored marshmallows!  
 
I think the girls voted this one second...a cat tree! There were kitties hanging from the ceiling and a Christmas song going that was sung entirely in meows, haha! 

 
This was Daddy's hall tree. Mr. T is getting his pilot's license so their tree was in the clouds with Mr. T flying a plane at the top. :) 
 
 
Phew! It was fun to walk around and see all the trees, but it was tough with these girls for judges! Haha. Hopefully next year they'll pick some adults to judge who can be a little more fair in their scoring. :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment