Our little Peaches is TEN! She is growing up quickly but I think having her little sister as her best friend keeps her young. I am starting to see some of her friends hit that tween stage, but thankfully she isn't there yet and still loves playing with toys, watching cartoons, and has no inhibitions! She is a goofball and she and Lou keep us laughing all day.
Fourth grade has been a big step towards independence, as I hoped it would be. She does 80% of her work by herself and rarely needs my help which is a big improvement from last year. It's been so nice for her to take ownership of her schoolwork this year and be able to get things done on her own! She has a great teacher and her friend R is in her class again for the fourth year in a row! She enjoys Math and Art more than anything else but gets good grades in all subjects.
This year's T&T AWANA book is the hardest one, but she is managing to get her verses memorized each week. They are almost always very long and she stresses about it but eventually gets it down. She loves going to to AWANA and spending time with her friends!
She continues to excel in piano. She has such a natural ear for it. It really amazes me. Every time she plays at church Mr. K, on worship team, comes up and comments on how talented she is. She is very advanced and plays beautifully. She is also like Peanut and can sit down and plunk out a song she's heard somewhere. Such a great skill!
Soccer was her sport this year and it was fun to watch how much she had improved since the previous year! She definitely has the heart for it and gives it all she has. We are looking forward to the upcoming season!
Drama Club is her other activity and she can't wait for it each week! They just decided on the play...The Jolly Roger and the Pirate Queen! Auditions were last week so she and Peanut are eagerly awaiting the news of which part they got! They both did a fabulous job in last year's play and shone like they were born for the stage! We are looking forward to this next production!
I feel like we are continuing on the trend of mellowing and our days are no longer completely ruled by intense emotions. We still have our moments but they are getting fewer and farther between as she is learning to manage her big feelings. God gave her a sweet and sensitive spirit and I know He will use it for His glory!
She and Lou continue to be the best of friends and do anything and everything together. They occasionally have a spat but cannot bear to be separated for more than a few minutes. If they squabble I will make them play in their own rooms for a while, but before ten minutes has passed one of them has sneaked into the other's room and they are giggling away. I love how close they are!
Here is her birthday interview:
1. Favorite color: violet
2. Favorite toy: my Squishmellow bracelet kit
3. Favorite fruit: pears
4. Favorite TV show: Mark Rober
5. Favorite lunch: PB and jelly
6. Favorite outfit: shorts and t-shirts
7. Favorite game: Monopoly
8. Favorite snack: apples and peanut butter
9. Favorite animal: monkeys and the holy kittens
10. Favorite song: When We All Get to Heaven
11. Favorite book: The Berenstein Bears and the Worst Vacation
12. Your best friend: Alissa, Audrey, and Jesus
13. Favorite Cereal: Honey nut cheerios
14. Favorite thing to do outside: playing in Jefferey (the tree)
15. Favorite drink: Pink Lemonade
16. Favorite holiday: Easter and Christmas
17. Favorite breakfast: donuts, pancake cereal, pancakes
18. What do you like to take to bed: Do-do, Do-do, Princess, Fluffington, and Ranger
19. What do you want to be when you grow up: a baker
20. What do you want for your birthday dinner? homemade hamburgers
Dear Peaches,
Happy birthday sweet girl! I can't believe you are already ten years old! I wish I could slow down time. You are at such a fun age. You're getting independent but you still love to be around Mommy and Daddy. A family game night is one of your favorite things to do.
I love listening to you and Lou play together. You have SO MUCH fun together and laugh and giggle your way through each day. It makes my heart happy to see how close the two of you are and I pray you will always be the best of friends.
You are my sweet and sensitive soul. You love with your whole heart and care deeply about the people in your life. You are so thoughtful and give the biggest hugs. You make our world a better place and we are so very thankful for you!
I also love how you love God and want to serve Him. I know He is going to use that tender spirit for great things. I can't wait to see what amazing things He does in your life! It's going to be great! Keep following after Him and hiding His word in your heart. He will never leave you or forsake you.
I hope ten is your best year yet and I can't wait to see all the things you do with it. I love you so very very much and just want to say thanks for being you! Happy birthday!
Love, Mommy
No comments:
Post a Comment