Tuesday, January 6, 2026

Volleyball Tournament!

 Peanut's quick volleyball season came to an end with a tournament. T was able to get off of work so he and I and the little ones headed over there and were able to watch all three games. 

 
Peanut has discovered that she can serve perfectly every time if she uses the heel of her hand. I don't think it's an "illegal" serve but it is frowned upon. Haha. But if it works it works! 
 
 
She had several runs while serving!

 
She has improved so much over the 5 week season! I really hope she decides to play with the high school next year! 

 
The whole team showed vast improvement in such a short time! 

 
She and her friend, A, got to be the Captains for the tournament. 


 
The tournament was December 10th and we were having record breaking temperatures! It was so warm that the little ones just wanted to run around outside with their friends. We let them run on breaks and then I finally just stood outside and watched one game through the window because they were having so much fun! 

 
They lost the first game, and then won their second! They were so happy! 

 
And that put them in the deciding game before the championship game which meant they got to play on the big court.  

 
They really stepped it up!  

 
I honestly think they could have won the whole thing if their coach had been playing to win. They had 15 kids on their team so all season she has been having them play as two different teams...one team plays the first set, then the other kids play the second set. She did mix it up a little bit for the tournament, but she wasn't playing the 6 best players at the same time. I think that group could have won, but I know this league is all just for fun and skill building so it's important to let everyone get playing time. 

 
Go Peanut! 

 
You can see how tight the score was and this was the best team! They ended up losing by just a point or two in each set, to get third place in the tournament. For a bunch of kids who have never played before that is an incredible feat! 

 
It was SO nice outside, but I was still surprised to see the temperature when we got in the car at 5PM on a December night! 

 
Peanut did a wonderful job over the season and a few days later she was given the "Future Legend" award by her coach. 
 

Coach said that Peanut has a natural talent and so much potential. She is excited to coach her in the future and I'm really hoping she gets the chance!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment