We didn't get to decorate our Christmas tree until December 16th! We had put all our other decorations up but everyone agreed that it didn't feel like Christmas without the tree. We were so thankful to everyone who did the same. Auntie Nae, Noni, F's parents, and Mrs. J all went without their Christmas trees so we could use them at the wedding!
We were happy to finally get to put it up! But also sad because this was the first year we've decorated without Bug. :'(
Lou really wanted to reach up high to put the ornaments on which meant that we ended up with none down low so I had to convince her to put some down there as well. :)
We didn't break any ornaments this year! It's nice that they're getting older and more careful.
We had our traditional hot chocolate while we decorated, but we'd been having so much charcuterie that I made a real dinner first. :)
Lou was reaching as high as she could!
Peaches got hot and did a outfit change mid-tree.
She helped fill the missing spaces as the bottom.
And Lou got to put on the star!
I don't really know what's happening here. Haha.
It's amazing how one person missing can make the whole family seem empty. You'd think with all the chaos and busyness of four girls we wouldn't miss one, but we sure do. It feels like a big hole in our lives without Bug. Hopefully we'll get used to it sooner than later. I am very thankful for these four! I don't know what I would do if we didn't have them to keep us busy!
Silly girls! Peanut disappeared altogether. :P I think Jax is trying to figure out where she went. :)
There she is...at least her eye. :P
Thank you to everyone who also did a late decorating because you let us borrow your tree!!
No comments:
Post a Comment