Noni came up with a super creative way to have a Christmas piano recital...a drive in! I was even more thankful for it because it was our only event of the season. Usually the girls have more performances in December than I can keep track of, but in this Covid-year this was our only performance and occasion to dress up. The girls picked their fanciest dresses and I did their hair. I love these beautiful girls so much!
Lou is always SO happy to be one of the big girls and wants to do everything just like her sisters!
Bug and her sweet friend A.
We grabbed a family picture when we got there since everyone was so dressed up. :)
It was actually amazingly warm for December...50 something, but Lou was still cold so she snuggled with Mama for a while.
The cars pulled up in a line and people either stood outside or rolled down their windows.
Then it was time for the show to begin!
Peanut was first up. They came in, stood on a platform to curtsy and then played their song.
I had the girls record each other during rehearsal so I could watch the show.
Peaches is an amazing pianist! I am so impressed by her playing. I didn't even start until I was 5 and she can already play at least a dozen songs!
Bug has a natural ear for music. She rarely looks at her music, but this is an adult piece she played.
The kids did a handbell performance, and then we all sang Come On Ring Those Bells.
The lights looked so pretty as the sun went down.
They came out to take their bows. I was so impressed with each of them!!! Noni has done an amazing job teaching them!
Each of our girls got a flip-a-zoo pillow and a sweet necklace in a decoupaged box!
So excited!
Oh and J and I were able to sing a song together too! Noni played the piano and it was so fun to be able to sing together again!
Such an amazing performance! We are so proud of our beautiful girls and so thankful to Noni for teaching them this lifelong skill of music!
After the show we swung through the KFC drive through for dinner and ate in the car while we waited in line to see a drive through light show at the park.
They had some cute inflateables.
It was the last night they were open so it was a bit of wait, but the girls really liked it and we let them watch a movie while we were in line to get in so they didn't care. Lou missed her nap that day so she zonked out on the way home. We got Blizzards from Dairy Queen to top off the night.
Wonderful job girls! We are so proud of you! And thank you Noni!!!
P.S. The only bad part about the evening was that Grandpa was sick so he and Grandma weren't able to come. Hope you enjoy these videos Grandma and Grandpa!
Magnificent piano playing! I'm so impressed! What a great recital! Love the decorations, the beautiful dresses and obvious hours of practice and learning that makes for such beautiful music!
ReplyDelete