Peaches has had a cavity for a while now. :( But the girls' dentist is super easy going and wanted to hold off on getting it fixed until it was bothering her since there was a possibility it wouldn't and she would eventually lose it anyway.
I was kicking myself because this one really is parent error. When the
bigger girls got old enough to start brushing their own teeth we just
kind of let Peaches follow suit. Hence the cavity. Now we make sure that
one of us brushes and flosses her teeth every night and she is allowed
to brush her own teeth in the mornings.
Unfortunately about a week before Christmas it started bothering her. I called and they had me bring her in one late afternoon to see what needed to be done.
She was a little bit nervous, but still all smiles.
They scheduled her for two days later, early in the morning. She slept in the pack and play in our room so we wouldn't wake up the others when we left at 7am.
They took her back and weighed her and gave her the "happy juice". Haha.
She definitely got a little loopy. She sat there watching the TV (because you have to wait for an hour for it to kick in) and she suddenly got up and said in a little bit of a slurred voice, "I'm gonna go hug that snowman!" Lol.
Then she came back and snuggled up to watch TV again and when I looked down at her a few minutes later she was sound asleep. She still looks so little when she's sleeping. :)
She didn't crack an eyelid when she was called back so I carried her in and put her in the chair. She stirred and started flailing around groggily when they put the glasses and nitrous (sp?) on her face, so the hygienist and I had to hold down her arms for a few seconds until she fell back asleep.
They were very quick and efficient and she was done in no time.
As I was carrying her out of the office she woke up and could only force her eyelids open halfway. In a slurred stupor she said, "I don't know what happened!" and then fell back to sleep. Haha. I buckled her in with her head bobbing.
She kept popping awake and saying something and then conking out again. I stopped at McDonalds and got her pancakes because they said to feed her right away. There were three big ones and I didn't think she could eat that much but she scarfed them down and then said, "Hey Mom, is there anything else in that brown bag?" Lol.
I guess she didn't mind that the answer was no because a few minutes later I looked back and found this.
I carried her in the house and then left her to take off her shoes. She was acting like she was totally tipsy and literally tipped over backwards trying to put her shoes away.
She stayed awake while Boo and Peanut made an early lunch. Reindeer pjbs!
But she was having a hard time keeping her eyes open while eating it.
It looked like she was forcing her eyes open really wide just to stay awake.
And then she gave up.
But just like in the car she popped awake a few seconds later.
And then apparently gave up on lunch to play the piano, but couldn't keep those eyes open. Lol.
Then she grabbed the cat and her blanket, went over the couch and conked out for three hours!!
So it was quite the entertaining day, but we are going to work hard to make sure we don't have to do it again! Haha!
No comments:
Post a Comment