Tuesday, January 26, 2021

Advent

 We had a wonderful advent season leading up to Christmas. We had movie nights, presents, special breakfasts, letter writing, doing nice things for each other, cookie decorating, ornament making, and probably more I'm not remembering. 

Snowman pancakes take 1.

 
 Lou was not happy with me for putting in her in the highchair when it wasn't time to eat.
 
But she got over it when she realized she was getting to paint!

 

I was very proud of myself for coming up with this ornament craft using toilet paper rolls..2020...because I am not the crafting mom. I love crafting, and I love my children, but I do not like to mix the two. Haha. That said, they did very well and hardly made a mess! It helps that they are getting older!





 

Here is the finished product. They did very well!


We did cookie decorating one day. I can definitely tell they are getting older with this activity. This used to be an hours-long process and a huge clean up, but this time Peanut made the dough and then she and Boo cut them out and baked the cookies without my help at all. Lou ate more frosting then went on her cookie, but she had a great time doing it and spent over ten minutes frosting one cookie so I'd call that a success. Lol.











 
Here is Lou's finished product. :)

 
For some reason I didn't take a picture of the big girls' finished cookies. They turned out really cute!


 
Santa waffles. 

 
T's secretary got us all presents and mine was this adorable snowflake board. We made a snacky dinner and watched a Christmas movie one night.

Lou is hilarious during movies. She climbs over the back of the couch, falls off, runs around, and does it again. Over and over and over. In this picture her legs are between the couch and wall.




 

Lou got big girl undies! We'll have to tackle potty training one of these days! She's already way older than the others, but she is not a big fan of the potty so we've been taking it slow.


 

Speaking of Lou, she loves helping me in the kitchen. She always wants to stir things. I let her help me make Christmas tree waffles one morning.




 
 One of my friends started selling Color Street so to support her I bought the girls some fun winter nails. Two packages was able to do all of our nails with a couple strips left over!
 
 

Snowman pancakes take 2.

It was sad not doing a few of our traditions like ice skating with the homeschool group or going to the pottery place but we are looking forward to those things next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment