Tuesday, March 12, 2024

The Ranch!

 After the funeral we had a few hours free so the cousins all went out to play. It was one of the most fun and carefree times I can remember having in years. It was truly like we were kids again. We fed the sheep cottonseed and played American Pickers/Joanna Gaines, searching through old piles of metal for treasures. :)

The sheep were especially funny and made us laugh over and over.

 
This big guy was apparently bottle fed so he is not shy with humans and was following whoever held the bucket of seed.

 
There were brand new twins with their umbilical cords still hanging.

 
It was Auntie E's goal to pet them and she did!

 
The big guy then started chasing Uncle S around, even going so far as to headbutt him when he didn't feel he was getting enough cottonseed. Haha!

 
Here's some videos I took to show the girls. 
 
 
 
Uncle S getting chased. Haha.

 
 
I love how their little tails are going a hundred miles an hour!


 There were several piles of metal that we dug through.

 
And I so wished I could take this home! A windmill! I have wanted one of these for years! Maybe someday we can take a trailer to Texas get it if Pawpaw doesn't have any other plans for it. I would love to have this little piece of home!
 
 
 
I also wished I could take this...wouldn't it make a cool gardening table?? It was an old Kerogas stove.

 
We also went for a spin around the place in the Mule. Uncle S gave us the grand tour and showed us the deer blinds they had put in since the last time I was there. He also hit a rut going super fast and before I knew it was standing. Lol. I haven't laughed that hard in a long time!

 
When we got back I got a picture of the kitties for Peanut. She had been asking about them since she played with them the last time she was there. 

 
 We were sad for the reason we were there, but so thankful and happy that we had that time together!

No comments:

Post a Comment