At the end of January Nana got sick and was not doing well. We had been praying for her for about a week when we heard the news that she had passed. I went to tell Peaches and Lou and the first thing Peaches said was, "Why are you sad Mommy?? Now Nana is in heaven with Jesus and she's not hurting any more!" Such a sweet reminder! I told her thank you for reminding me of that and explained that we aren't sad for Nana, she was absolutely right, but we were sad for Pawpaw who was hurting and missing her.
Noni and Papa found plane tickets for Noni and I and at 3:30 that Friday morning Papa took us to the airport. I took these next two pictures for the girls. Noni and I getting on our second plane...
And me wearing the bracelets Peanut, Peaches, and Lou made for me while flying above the clouds.
We landed in Dallas and Aunt J picked us up from the airport. Auntie K had arrived on her plane a couple hours before and she and Auntie E were shopping while they waited for us. We all met at a sandwich place for lunch. We were sad for the occasion that brought us together, but so happy to see each other!
Auntie E then drove K, Noni, and I the four hours to the ranch. The last hour we were in a huge thunderstorm. It was beautiful to watch the lightning flashing all across the sky. There's not much that makes me think of the glory of God more than a Texas sized lightning show!
We arrived at the house where Aunt K and Aunt J had made us all a delicious taco bar dinner. Afterwards I gave Pawpaw the sympathy cards that the girls had made him.
We visited and played a game of cards.

The next morning dawned sunny and beautiful. The views at the ranch always make feel like I've come home. It felt really good to be back.
We loaded up and headed to the church for the funeral. It was a sweet celebration of Nana's life and the Pastor did a wonderful job of sharing both the wonderful life she had and the good news of Jesus. Aunt K, Uncle S, and Noni all shared a remembrance about Nana. Uncle S made us laugh with stories. Noni told about a hymn Nana loved that our girls were able to sing to her when they visited in the summer of 2022. Aunt K shared a sweet story of how she went down to their house one day and a book got bumped off the table and fell open. Some pictures fell out and Nana said it was her prayer journal. She had pictures of all of her family members and was faithful to pray for each one. Such a legacy we are blessed with.
After the graveside we went back to the church where the ladies there had prepared a wonderful meal for us. They were so sweet and caring. Nothing like Texas hospitality to comfort the soul. It was wonderful visiting with the family for a while. We got a picture before everyone left. I love these people so much! I'm so glad we were able to gather together and remember the life of this Godly woman we were all blessed to know.
More pictures from the trip tomorrow.

No comments:
Post a Comment