Saturday, March 9, 2024

A Decision!

 Lou has some big news!!!

She became a Christian!!! I have been trying hard not to push her, knowing she wasn't ready yet, but I think all of us were more than eager for this day to come! Every now and then one of the girls would ask me about it since she is the oldest of all the girls to come to this point. I would keep telling them that we needed to pray for her. We had talked about it many times but she wasn't ready yet. 

One of her new favorite songs to play on Alexa is "Big Big House" by Audio Adrenaline that talks about heaven. I'm not sure if she knew what the song was talking about but one night during our family devotions it said something about the house that God is preparing for us, and I told her, "Just like the song you love...it's a big big house, with lots and lots of rooms." Peaches piped up, "And we all get to go there!" I paused and said, "Well Lou hasn't made that decision yet. We don't just get to go to heaven, we have to accept God's gift of salvation and ask Jesus into our heart." Lou looked very startled a little upset. 

We finished the devotion and did our prayers and then when I went to tuck her in she said, "I want to ask Jesus into my heart tomorrow." I wasn't sure why she said tomorrow but I said okay and left it at that. The next night when I went to tuck her in she said, "Momma! Did you forget?? I want to ask Jesus into my heart now!" We prayed together and I think Peaches was waiting outside the door because she burst in and was SO excited!

 
I think Peaches has prayed for this day as much or more than I have! She has been burdened for her little sister's soul for a long time now. Sometimes she would say, "Mommy I don't know if D is EVER going to become a Christian!" and I would remind her that we just needed to keep praying. Sometimes when they are taking a bath she gets upset if Lou puts her head underwater and will say, "D! Don't do that! You aren't a Christian so if you die you don't get to come to heaven!" She was thrilled to her very soul that Lou finally made that decision and gets to come to heaven with us!

 
We went downstairs and told Daddy who had big hugs for her!

 
And Buggy as well.

 
I missed getting pictures of Boo and Peanut with her, but all of us are so happy that she is an official child of God! Welcome to God's family sweet girl! We are SO glad you are finally here with us!


2 comments:

  1. The greatest decision she will ever make, yay!!!! Thank you Jesus for making a way for our sins to be forgiven!
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cried when I found out and I'm crying now. Thank You, Lord.
    Papa

    ReplyDelete