Saturday, August 15, 2015

Happy Birthday Peanut!

Three years old! It’s so true what they say…they do grow up WAY too fast! I told T if we didn’t have another one on the way I would be crying with nostalgia at our “baby” turning 3!

Here she is ready to take her last nap in the crib…

peanut

I had big plans to do her birthday interview as soon as she woke up, but our “big” girl was too grumpy! She did NOT want to participate. Haha :)

peanut1

I called in Daddy for reinforcements and he helped her chase away the post-nap grumpies. She decided to get excited about the interview, but only if she could stay in Daddy’s lap! 

peanut3

1. Favorite color: pink

2. Favorite toy: my stuff an mals

3. Favorite fruit: orange

4. Favorite TV show: Daniel Tiger and the baby

5. Favorite lunch: hamburger (I don’t know why she said this. She never eats hamburgers…corn dogs are her favorite!) and macaroni and cheese

6. Favorite outfit: this outfit

7. Favorite game: Hangman

8. Favorite snack: fissy crackers

9. Favorite animal: te’s (elephants)

10. Favorite song: Jesus Loves the Little Children

11. Favorite book: the baby’s books, the little tiny books

12. Your best friend: Haidyn

13. Favorite Cereal: Honey Nut Cheerios

14. Favorite thing to do outside: to wun (run) with Cocoa

15. Favorite drink: chocolate milk and water

16. Favorite holiday: Christmas

17. Favorite breakfast: banana bread, pancakes

18. What do you like to take to bed: Te

19. What do you want to be when you grow up: *shrug*

20. What do you want for your birthday dinner? *shrug*

At 3 Peanut knows all her colors, numbers, shapes, letters and sounds (but hasn’t started sounding out words yet). She is busy busy busy all the time! She loves to dance, play with her sisters, and chase the dog. She is such a ham and always trying to make us laugh. She loves to tell jokes!

I love the way Peanut says certain words. Instead of eliminating syllables, like most kids, she adds her own. For example: Zip is “zlip”, Slide is “slwide”, Jump is “Shjump”, Blueberry is “Blue-Blerry”, Music is “Muse-kick”, Upside down is “Up-slide down”. One thing she says that makes me laugh is when she asks for a “piece of drink”.

She also talks as if she is much older than 3. On our recent trip to Texas she had a piece of string when the adults were sitting around visiting and she was wrapping it around her finger. “Don’t worry, Mama,” she said, “I’m not cutting my circulation off.” She was also playing with some Skip-Bo cards that day and showing everyone she knew her numbers. She held up a 6 card for Aunt Karen, “When you turn it dis way it’s a 6, but if you turn it dis way (holds it upside down) it’s a 9!”

Sometimes I will say something like, “How’s my baby?” or “C’mon baby, it’s time to go.” and she has started saying, “I’m not a baby! I’m a big girl!” And apparently I tell her to be careful too often because she often will tell me, “It’s ok Mama, I’m right her.” or “I’m fine Mommy. Don’t worry!”

Peanut is such a sweet girl. She loves to give hugs and kisses. On our trip she gave hugs to everyone she was introduced to. So sweet. She loves other kids and anywhere we go if she sees anyone around her age she says, “Look! My frwiend!”

She can be a stinker at times for sure…she doesn’t usually out-and-out defy us, but she has her little ways to make her feelings known. Sometimes when we tell her to do something, she’ll do it, but at a snail’s pace. Like “Go get your toothbrush Peanut” and she drops to the floor and crawls at about two feet per hour. :P But for the most part she truly is a wonderful, helpful, obedient, little girl.

peanut2

Dear Peanut,

Happy Birthday sweet girl! Mommy is so proud of the girl you are becoming. You are SO MUCH fun! And you fill our days with joy. We love you so much. I can’t even put it into words.

I love the way go through life, full speed ahead. You wear your emotions on your sleeve and are either laughing and happy saying, “dis is FUN!” or scowling and growling. :)Either way you make me smile and you make my world a better place.

There is no better feeling than your thin little arms around my neck and your sweet little kisses on my cheek. I love you more than I can say.

You are such a smart girl and it is so fun to watch you learning and growing each day. I can’t wait to see what this year brings! 

Happy birthday my baby turning big girl!

Love, Mommy

2 comments: