Thursday, August 20, 2015

Road Trip!

Noni and I pulled off another one of our “crazy” road trips! That’s what all my friends say when I tell them we are driving across the country with the girls…crazy! :) But once again they impressed us with their travel abilities. It wasn’t perfect, but overall they did awesome in the car!

roadtrip

It was once we got places that was exhausting! Being pregnant definitely didn’t help with that! Haha :) We would arrive at our destination for the night and I would be so tired but the kids were just BURSTING with energy and wanted to swim and bounce on the beds. Plus everyone sleeping in the same room is far from conducive for sleep! I shared a bed with each of them over the course of the trip, and no one is good to sleep with! Sleep talking, waking up with feet and hands in my face, getting kicked. Ugh! I don't think I got a decent night's sleep at any of the hotels!

Before we left I spent hours with Google maps scouting out fun places to stop. I found some great playgrounds that helped get some energy out during the long days on the road!

roadtrip1roadtrip2roadtrip3

This was our first day. We told them they could get their feet wet at the splash pad, but of course Peanut got thoroughly soaked in about 5 seconds.

roadtrip4

There’s no way I would even think of attempting this trip without Noni! She always has fun games, songs, and ideas at the drop of a hat. The girls love it!

roadtrip5

roadtrip6

We found unique play things at each playground. This thing spun you around and around. They loved it!

roadtrip7

They made things for Daddy every day and wanted me to text him pictures. This one was from K.

roadtrip8

And Peanut, not to be shown up, wanted to send something too.

roadtrip9

McDonald’s Playplaces are our friends!

roadtrip10

“Cuckoo head, cuckoo head, cuckoo head, DUNG!” K made up that lovely little song and they all LOVE it! :P

roadtrip11

Sisters! (They definitely weren’t always this happy, haha)

road

Our first day was about 8 hours in the car. The place we stopped at for dinner had some friendly visitors.

roadtrip12

The girls and Noni fed them leftover French fries when we were done.

roadtrip13

Then it was back to the hotel for some swimming before bed.

roadtrip14

I went into the bathroom get ready for bed and found this on my phone when I got back.

roadtrip15

Haha!

Day 2 tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment