I love how transparent Bug is. It is easy to tell if she is happy or sad, angry or excited, tired or raring to go. One sure fire way for me to tell is by what she calls me. Most of the time I am just "Mommy". That's her everyday-feeling happy-content with life-name for me.
When she is tired, sad, hurt, or just not feeling well I am "Ma-ma".
When she is feeling independent, grown-up, and ready to take on the world I am "Mom."
But most often, I'm just "Mommy": keeper of her secrets, magical boo-boo kisser, and the best peanut butter and jelly chef in the whole world. I can't believe she's turning four tomorrow. I know that "Mom" will soon edge in and take over as she continues to grow and figure out her own place in this life.
But for now I'm hanging on to every "Mommy" I can get.
What a wonderful post. Those pictures are wonderful and love you describe for her is tear jerking. I love how you love! What a great Mommy, Ma-ma, Mom you are! You have one special little girl and I can't wait to celebrate with her. Happy 4th B-day Bug!
ReplyDeleteYou're such a great writer as well as a great mommy! I love the way you did the pics too!
ReplyDeleteVery sweet. I love the photos. It really seems like just a short short time ago that she was born- they grow so fast! Happy BDay Bug!
ReplyDeleteOh goodness, it is hard to believe she is so grown up. It seems like just the other day you sent us on a scavenger puzzle hunt leading to the exciting news that you were expecting. Now Bug sends you on scavenger hunts for Koala, missing shoes, marker lids, etc! You are an amazing Mama!
ReplyDeleteNoni
Happy Birthday K! She is such a little cutie! Emery tries to call us Mom and Dad occasionally. I just tell him I want to be called Mommy and he seems to except that. I want to get as many Mommy's as I can also :)
ReplyDeleteLove this! Ali is the exact same way with one exception - "Mama" is reserved for when she REALLY likes me. I mean she has to be really, really happy with me to call me that.
ReplyDeleteLove the pictures, too! So sweet!