Monday, May 16, 2011

Garage Sale

We got to spend the weekend with the cousins! They live in an area that does a community garage sale so we headed on down to participate. The ride down and back was...interesting. Actually, the girls were really good, it's just that Boo is at an awkward stage for car trips. She will look at books for a while but she gets distracted easily. She doesn't like to watch tv/movies so that's out. She is really bad about putting things in her mouth still so coloring lasted all of three minutes before she started chewing the tips off the markers. All that to say that it makes a two hour road trip seem a LOT longer. Haha :) She started saying a new word on the way down, "elp! elp!" (help). She has a baby doll with a little hat attached, which she pulls off every time she picks it up. So this was our repetitive sequence for about an hour (or maybe it just felt like an hour):

Boo: "Ba-bee!" (pointing)

I would hand her the doll.

She would pull off the hat.

Boo: "UH-OH! ELP! ELP!"

(it's amazing how loud a toddler sounds in an enclosed space!)

Mommy puts the hat back on.

Boo: "Ba-bee!"

and on and on it went. We went through that little routine at least 2 dozen times. Like I said, she was not being bad, just a little exhausting for Mommy and Daddy. :)

I was too busy helping run the garage sale to get many pictures all weekend. T took the older kids to cousin E's t-ball game on Saturday morning. The cousins kept each other busy all weekend! They played games, legos, watched Cinderella, played on the swingset, made smores in the fire pit, drew pictures, and played lots of Barbies. We went out to ice cream after a BBQ on Saturday night. We went to church and out for lunch on Sunday, and best of all K got to have a sleepover with her cousin, S, both nights, so needless to say they were a little tired all weekend. :) This is what K looked like just minutes before we left for home yesterday, and she would have easily fallen back asleep in the car if her sister hadn't been yelling, "BA-BEE!" :)
She had a wonderful weekend with her cousins! So much fun!
Thanks for the great weekend everybody!

1 comment:

  1. I get the exhausting car ride thing. I think we're going to attempt our first trip with Noah in June, and I am NOT looking forward to it... I sure wish he'd learn to appreciate the car!!

    ReplyDelete