Well, we did it! We had a successful 4th birthday. :) Bug slept in a bit so at 8:25 she came down the stairs. I think she had forgotten it was her birthday because when she saw the streamers I heard her gasp and say, "YES!"
And then Mommy caved to the birthday excitement and let her have a big cupcake for breakfast...except she pretty much only ate the frosting and was starving by 10:00a.m. :)
Boo was a little skeptical of the whole ritual of singing and candles.
Daddy had a meeting he had to be at at 7:00a.m. but he came home as soon as it was through at 9:00 and we let her start the festivities by opening a present. It was a Strawberry Shortcake house from her cousins. She was very excited!
I loved the expression on her face. Total awe.
Then we headed into town to do some shopping. We went to the party supply store and let her pick out the plates and napkins for her party on Saturday. Then we went to an early lunch since she was so hungry. Her choice was McDonalds. We let her play for almost an hour before heading to Target for a little more shopping. 
Since her present this year is her playset in the backyard we didn't have anything for her to open. Every time we go to Target (a fun family ritual we do every few weeks) she loves to look at the little princess dolls so we let her pick out the ones she wanted while we were there.
After running a few more errands we dropped the girls off for naps at Noni's. After they woke up Noni fixed a dinner of hot dogs and Doritos (again, choice of the birthday girl...you can tell she is very health conscience). :) Then it was time for cake and presents.
"Happy Birthday to you, happy birthday to you..."
She got some great presents! Noni and Papa gave her this really cool bike that doesn't have any pedals. They are supposed to kind of push off along the ground and it teaches them to balance themselves so you never have to use training wheels later on. Aunt Karen got her two adorable pairs of sandals. My favorite were the white with flowers and Bug's favorite were the Princess ones. She also got a funny book with googly eyes and a bunch of stickers.
Noni and Papa also bought her a Tangled dress for her to wear on Saturday to her party.
Aunt Jody bought her a "All About Me" book which I was SO excited about because I had the same book when I was little! You get to write in it and fill out all the things about you, where you live, what you like, etc. It's going to be a lot of fun to do with her!
"Happy Birthday to you, happy birthday to you..."
She got some great presents! Noni and Papa gave her this really cool bike that doesn't have any pedals. They are supposed to kind of push off along the ground and it teaches them to balance themselves so you never have to use training wheels later on. Aunt Karen got her two adorable pairs of sandals. My favorite were the white with flowers and Bug's favorite were the Princess ones. She also got a funny book with googly eyes and a bunch of stickers.
Noni and Papa also bought her a Tangled dress for her to wear on Saturday to her party.
Aunt Jody bought her a "All About Me" book which I was SO excited about because I had the same book when I was little! You get to write in it and fill out all the things about you, where you live, what you like, etc. It's going to be a lot of fun to do with her!




I love how the girls are always wearing matching outfits. I wish Emery wasn't in such a big size b/c I'll never be able to get the boys matching stuff unless I sew it myself!
ReplyDeleteI love the family picture too :)
Great birthday!
ReplyDeleteI got both pair of sandals because I knew Bug would like the princess sandals and her mommy would like the white with little flowers. I couldn't decide so I just got both hahaha!
Awesome! I love her birthday morning hair - it's the best! Second only to Christmas morning hair. ;)
ReplyDelete