February 12th
I hadn't shaved in a while (hey, it was February in the Northwest...why bother?) and when K climbed up on our bed she moved my pajama pants so she could see my leg.
K: "Mommy, what are these little...sticks?"
Me: (laughing) "It's hair. When you get bigger you will have hair on your legs and you will have to shave it off."
K: "Oh, ok." She nods and then climbs down and runs off. A few seconds later she comes back with a blanket. "Here Mommy! I brought you a blanket so your hairy sticks don't get cold."
~
February 19th
For the longest time K would say something, in distress, with her blanket and I couldn't figure out what she meant, but one day I finally realized she was saying, "Flat it out! Flat it out!" meaning she wanted her blanket spread smoothly. :)
~
February 22nd
It always makes me laugh when I hear K say something new. It's probably not that funny but the surprise of it strikes me as hilarious. She had a bad cold and she LOVES to take medicine for it. I had just given her some and she wanted some more.
K: "Mommy! I need more medicine!"
Me: "No honey, you can't have it yet."
K: "When can I have it?"
Me: "In four hours."
K: "FOUR hours?!? Gimme a break!"
~
February 28th
T had taken us out to Mexican food for lunch and K decided she wanted some of his food.
K: "Daddy? Can I have some of that?"
T: "You have your own food right there."
K: "Well I want some of yours too."
T: "Why don't you eat yours first and then maybe you can have some."
K: "Daddy. Jesus wants us to share."
K: "Daddy. Jesus wants us to share."
~
March 16th
After a fun, busy day with Noni, K came home and was laying on the couch. "I'm so diz-austed!!"
~
March 21st
I always give T a haircut after the girls are in bed so they aren't getting into the hair on the ground. The clippers are a little loud and K's fan in her bedroom had stopped working, so for the first time, she could hear it. Apparently she thought it sounded like our air popper which is even louder because she yelled down from her bed. "ARE YOU MAKING POPCORN??" pause "CAN YOU SAVE ME SOME?"
~
March 23rd
I was trying to work on K's Awana verse with her and she was not being very cooperative.
Me: "Come on honey, you don't even have to memorize it because you already know this one."
K: "No I don't."
Me: "Yes you do, it's one of your scripture songs."
K: "No Mommy! I dont' know For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God. ~ Romans 3:23!"
Me: "You just said it."
K: "No I didn't."
~
March 26th
K: "I'm stumby."
Me: "Huh?"
K: "I'm stumby!"
Me: "What does that mean?"
K: "It means I popped my balloon."
She makes me laugh! I love the Jesus wants us to share!!!!
ReplyDeleteWe don't shave down here in the South during the Winter, either! Or at least I don't. Ali always thinks mine are splinters. That must have been one ferocious wooden bench I sat on...
ReplyDelete