Thursday, January 4, 2024

Beach Time and Date Night!

 After the aquarium we hit the beach! After a few pauses to admire the beautiful flowers on the way!


 
I wouldn't exactly call the water "warm" but compared to every other ocean I've ever been in it definitely was. The girls loved it!
 
 
 They played their little hearts out in the waves.  Then they would come up and build sandcastles and when they tired of that they would run back to the water. It was endless fun.
 
 

So pretty.

 
 Bug, F, T, and I left the beach early to get dressed up and go out to dinner. We drove to Kaanapali which was about an hour away and had dinner at one of the restaurants in a really pretty hotel. We ate separately. Haha. I grabbed a picture of them before we left for our table.

 
Celebrating (almost) 20 years! 
 
 
I got shrimp tacos. Yum. 
 

 
T got a chicken burger.

 
They had a bunch of flamingos wandering around in the middle of the hotel! And these cool pools with huge Koi fish. 

 
This was a really beautiful resort and it was fun to see it all decorated for Christmas.

 
We had to get a picture with their poinsettia wall. :)



 
This tree was so beautiful and had pretty lanterns dangling from it. 

 
We stopped for ice cream on the way back. I got Ube ice cream which is made from pureed ube yams that are purple. I guess they are kind of like a sweet potato. The flavor was hard to describe...very mild and tropical tasting. I really liked it! It also came with a chocolate coconut cookie. The other time we got ice cream I tried Haupia which had a mild coconut flavor. Both were very good and I was glad I branched out!

 
The others got ice cream as well. Noni walked them down to a gelato shop that was about a mile from our condo. They found this place and had to take a picture for Aunt Karen. 


Thanks for watching the girls so we could have a date night Noni!

No comments:

Post a Comment