Lou had to get her two year old shots shortly after her birthday. That is the one appointment I hate the most. I can handle the baby shots, knowing it is for their own good, but at age 2 they know what is going on but don't understand why.
Then they hate going to the doctor for the next year or two so I came up with a plan. I prefer the clinic in the town to the East of us and almost always take the girls there so I had Daddy take Lou to the West town clinic. I figured a different clinic, taken by a different parent, might help her disassociate the shots with her usual doctors visits. We will see next time we have to go if it worked.
I dropped her off at the hospital and then ran some errands while T took her in. He sent me a couple pictures. She wasn't overly excited to be there.
And was crying well before the shots got anywhere near her. :P
When I picked her up she looked so small and pathetic with her red rimmed eyes and safety sucker sticking out of her mouth that I had to take a picture.
Thankfully she had no side effects and just a little soreness the rest of the day. She was 24 lbs. 3 oz. in the 18th percentile and 34 3/4 in in the 82nd percentile. Long and lean. Haha. And if the double their height at 2 thing is true she'll be almost 5' 10! It will be interesting to see!
We picked up Peaches from school. Miss J said, "She was so busy making (pretend) cakes all day she's tired!" And sure enough she fell asleep on the way home. Haha.
Speaking of school these are pictures of Peaches' "class Thanksgiving feast".
She loves school, and her friends, and her teacher. She loves everything about it and I'm very thankful she is still able to go this year!
Here is her hat she made that day. Such a sweet girl.
We have a lot to be thankful for! Especially preschool and no more baby shots!
No comments:
Post a Comment