Those five weeks that I spent afternoons painting the exterior of the house meant that the interior of the house was slowly going to wrack and ruin. Literally every surface had stuff on it and it looked like a tornado went through. It took me weeks to get things back in order. On Veteran's Day the girls had no school so I decided to tackle the laundry room that had gotten completely out of control. I read a tip that said to take a picture of a messy area and then work until the area is clean again. So I went for it...
It took me all day, but only about four hours of hard work, to get it done. I had to take breaks for things like feeding the children, and walking around the house with leg weights. :P
I almost gave up several times, but the picture thing really did motivate me, and at the end I was so glad I stuck with it! Ahh, so much better. We have actually not done too bad of a job keeping it clean either. Of course it is not this clean anymore, but neither has it fallen back into complete chaos. Haha.
I tried my feeble hand at food art one day and made the girls a snacky lunch in the shape of a turkey. It definitely didn't turn out as cute as the picture I was looking at but they loved it and said it was even better. Sweet girls.
No comments:
Post a Comment