We started off our Christmas season with our traditional Operation Christmas Child box packing. It always sneaks up on us since it has to be done so early. We realized we had no free evenings before they were due except that Sunday night so after Lou woke up from her nap we scooted into town, hit the Dollar Store and Walmart, made it back home, and packed our boxes in record time!
We got a box for Lou this year so we did 7. T and I did 5-9 boys, Bug and Boo did 5-9 girls, and Peanut, Peaches, and Lou did 2-4 girls.
It was getting late by the time we finished and the little ones were melting so we prayed over our boxes and took this pic the next day.
I actually forgot about the church packing party, even though I had just told my friend about it the night before. :P I was just merrily insulating when Boo came in and said, "I thought we were going to the party!" So even though it had already been going for thirty minutes we quickly got ready and jumped in the car.
There were only a few other people there and the girls happily packed until nearly everything was gone. Peanut packed 10 boxes!
I kept losing Lou, but then I realized all I had to do to find her was look for Dr. T, lol. Wherever he was she wasn't far behind. :P
Peaches really got into writing the Christmas cards. I think she only packed one box, but she wrote 5 or 6 Christmas cards to put in the boxes. So sweet.
Between shadowing Dr. T, Lou kept stealing toys and things off the tables. She found a pair of red sunglasses that she wore around for quite a while. Haha.
I never heard exactly how many boxes the church did, but there were lots! Always the perfect way to start the Christmas season!
No comments:
Post a Comment