Thursday, December 3, 2020

Leftover Thursday

 I was trying not to be frustrated one day when I was interrupted about a dozen times while trying to get through  my bible study lesson...that kind of defeats the purpose. :P Then Lou came along and quick as a flash pulled the blanket on my lap that was holding everything and dumped my bible, study book, papers, and pencils all over the floor. :P But then she sweetly tried to help me pick it up. :)


I was so excited to have made it through the summer without getting a yellow jacket sting when our weather turned nice again at the end of September. I was climbing up a ladder holding a bucket of paint and several paint brushes so I laid my arm on one of the steps to get a better grip and apparently Mr. Yellow Jacket was sunning himself there. I was SO mad. Not from the sting, although that hurt, but because it seems like the past couple of years a sting insures me a trip to the doctor and a 10 day antibiotic regimen. The first 24 hours it was fine and I thought maybe I squeaked by this time, but it started getting red and swollen the next night. I took this picture right before bed.

 
And when I woke up in the morning my whole arm was red, the sting was white, and the swelling had gone up through the wrist and into my hand. So into the clinic I went. Thankfully that part was quick and painless...I just had to do the antibiotics for the ten days and then I was good to go. I also put up a new trap and caught a whole bunch of those little stinkers before our Indian Summer went away. :P
 
 
A little static?

 
Blueberry stack!

There were snotty noses and coughs one Sunday so Daddy stayed home. He sent me this when Bug, Boo, and I were at church.

Boo and I sent him back this.
 
  
 
Lou may give us a run for our money every day, and it quite the little terror most of the time, but this is one of her redeeming qualities. She is a snuggler. She loves to rock with me, and will almost always rock/snuggle just as long as I'll sit with her.

 
 Sweet baby. 

 
 Hopefully she won't grow out of it for a few years!

No comments:

Post a Comment