Tuesday, November 5, 2019

Train Museum!

I have been meaning to take the girls to the nearby train museum literally all summer. It was starting to turn cold so I knew I'd better do it now before the snow really starts flying. I texted Noni and Mama that morning and asked if they wanted to go. They were already out and about and up for an adventure so we met for lunch and then headed over there. I couldn't believe how much fun the girls had!


The museum is still in it's first phases, and has lots of plans for expansion, but the girls enjoyed it as is. They have the last remaining street car from the city. The girls had fun pretending to take tickets and go for a ride.



Peanut found a free hat and wore it everywhere.


As part of the fare you get to take two loops around a 2 gauge track which means the track is two feet wide. They made little train cars on top of old mining carts. It was quite bumpy, no shock absorbers, but of course the girls loved it!


You can walk all around the train yard...they are huge up close!


And they have four cars that they've turned into mini-museums.



The girls loved seeing the dining car set up with tables, and the sleeper cars with the beds all made out.


I think they could have stayed and played with the wooden train set for hours, but I needed to get home to feed the baby so after about 30 minutes I made them call it quits.


I was really impressed with the museum and all the nice workers. Even though it's not finished it was really fun and the girls loved it!

No comments:

Post a Comment