Tuesday, November 19, 2019

Happy Halloween!

I was looking for family Halloween costumes months ago when I found an idea for being Pac-Man. Since they girls love Pac-Man I thought it was perfect! They love to go to a specific pizza place just because of this video game.




The girls all picked their color of ghost and I figured Lou could still wear a cute costume and be our "bonus points" strawberry. :) 


We got the fabric and sticky felt paper at Hobby Lobby, but realized it was too transparent so Noni went and got us a second batch of fabric. Grandma helped me figure out how to sew it and then she took them home and did them on her sewing machine. So nice! We used the sticky felt paper for the eyes and for T and I's shirts. :)

The finished product...



We met up with four other families from church and had a big trick-or-treating group!


The girls had so much fun running around with their friends!


I thought Peaches might be a little upset to see our old house but I don't think she even noticed it.


I knew she wouldn't last very long carrying the umbrella and I was right. She made it two blocks before asking me to carry it for her. :P  When I had run into the Dollar Store earlier that week to grab glow sticks they had these adorable little wings, skirt, and headband! Sweet! 

 


 So she had two costumes. Peanut did the same...she wore her Glenda the Good Witch costume and quickly ditched her umbrella for freer movement.


It was super cold that night...right around freezing. I actually didn't do too bad as I had on four layers on top and two layers on bottom, plus gloves, hand warmers, and my snow boots. I made sure all the girls were layered really well too, but they were definitely chilly. 

Peaches only made it about fifteen minutes before asking me to carry her. She kept saying, "Ladybug cold. Ladybug tired." and laying her head on my shoulder. She was so cute running up to the houses.


Lou did great in the stroller for about 45 minutes and then she lost it. She cried and cried until I finally got her out and carried her. Between her and Peaches my arms were sore for the next two days!


We had made a big loop in the hour that we were out so once we got back to the cars I took the melting little ones home. They cried and fussed almost the whole way. :P


T and the big girls stayed out for another 30-45 minutes and then came to sort the loot.


Not too bad for a chilly chilly night!

 

We hope you all had a wonderful Halloween!

No comments:

Post a Comment