Oh my goodness. This girl.
She is the busiest, craziest, happiest, grumpiest, loudest, destructive-est, silliest, moodiest, dancing-est, funniest two year old I've ever met. And we couldn't be more in love with her.
She still doesn't have a lot of words, but her vocabulary is increasing daily. She is getting to the point where she can repeat most words we say. Some of her most frequently used words are:
No
Mine!
Ma-ma
Da-da
Noni
Papa
Mama
Gra-ma
Gurl (girl)
Ches (yes)
Bible
Cocoa (any animal)
Cow
Too (me too!)
Teeth
Ow
Bye
Dis (this)
Dat (that)
Baby
One
Two
TA DA!
Cookie
Cack-er
Teat (treat)
Nana (banana)
Cheese
Pay (pray)
Done
Bup (up)
Peas (please)
Cakes (pancakes)
"Do-do" (her monkey, sounds like the bird)
Ummm (one of my favorites. I give her a choice of something and she looks it over while saying, "Umm")
Things she loves at two:
Family
"Beeping" noses
Animals
Presents
Being chased
Cardboard boxes
Baths - w/measuring cups
Climbing - on anything and everything
Her Babies (dolls)
Music/Dancing
Bouncing (on a mattress in the basement)
Stickers
Markers (especially used on walls, chairs, floors, herself)
Legos
Daddy coming home from work
PlayDoh - playing and eating :{
the iPad
Singing
Cocoa
"Do-do"
Cocoa
"Do-do"
Mommy and Daddy's phones
Sisters!
She doesn't like being strapped into her highchair (which we have to do or she stands up while eating). She is finally getting used to her car seat. We had everyone else moved up to the toddler carseat by 18-20 months, but Peaches stayed in until 23 months. I don't know if that's why, but she did NOT like the forward facing. For weeks she cried and fussed and said, "Bup!" in her car seat. It was like she no longer understood it to be a car seat and didn't understand why she was forced to sit still in it. Thankfully she is now fine and has made her peace with the car seat.
She is not potty trained yet. I have never been this late before, but because of the holidays and visitors, Peanut's surgery, and a trip for Mommy and Daddy I haven't been able to find a three day weekend to do it. I'm planning to potty train her over President's Day weekend and we've started prepping her.
She loves to read 3-4 short books at a time, but is too busy for more than that. There is no way she would sit and read with me for 30-45 minutes like her sisters would at this age. She pretty much only has the patience for board books where she can flip the pages quickly as I read. We can't read anything that takes more than ten seconds per page.
Peaches believes in the old adage "Eat breakfast like a King, lunch like a Prince, and dinner like a pauper". The other day she ate 1.5 fried eggs, 6 big strawberries, and 5 pancakes! She usually eats a decent but small lunch, and rarely eats more than two bites of dinner. I think she makes it through the night only because she still drinks 6 ounces of milk before bed.
We had to take a picture with her "E". Most of the time she can identify it (in books and things) and says, "EEEE!" She loves counting but only knows one and two. :)
Dear Peaches,
That sounds funny because Mommy hardly ever calls you Peaches. I sometimes call you "Trouble" because of all the mischief you make! You are always on the lookout for something to get into and you sure do keep us on our toes! Nothing is safe now that you know how to open doors and push chairs to wherever you might need a boost to get into something you aren't supposed to have. I'm hoping you're just getting all your terrible two's out of the way early and it will be smooth sailing from here on out. Is that a deal? :)
Even though you spend most of your days destroying anything you can get your hands on we wouldn't trade you for the world. You are the funniest little girl and make us laugh a hundred times a day! You give the best hugs! I love the way your little arms squeeze around my neck, and I love your sweet little kisses on my cheek. There is so much joy and laughter wrapped up in your tiny, rambunctious frame. You dearly love to laugh and giggle all the time just for the fun of it.
Thank you for all the joy and laughter you bring to this family. I don't know what we would do without you. God truly blessed us the day He put you in our lives. I pray that you will come to know and understand what He did for you. I love that you already love to pray, go to church, and go to AWANA. I know God has great things in store for your life and I pray that He will help us teach you to use all that strength, persistence, and determination for His good. He will do amazing things through you if you let Him!
I can't wait to see what two brings! You are learning more and more each day, and I think the best is yet to come! Happy birthday my sweet baby girl! You keep on taking the world by storm, we'll keep on loving you, and with God's help we'll grow you up into a girl after His own heart!
I love you more than I could ever say.
Love, Mommy
Beautiful girls! Yes, growing up so fast!
ReplyDelete