Eight. Years. Old.
I say it every year, but it's true just the same. I can't believe how fast these little years are going. Everyone tells you that they do, but there is nothing do be done but try to cherish every moment and make many special memories together.
Our Boo Bear is such an amazing little lady. She is so sweet and thoughtful. She loves to help, and is always asking me what she can do for me. She is also super responsible. I love the way she reads her bible on her own without prompting and
often reminds me to do the daily devotion at breakfast. Her room is
almost always clean which is a far cry from the other rooms upstairs.
Haha!
Rare is the day when she does not wake up early and go straight for her schoolwork. She gets done with everything she can do on her own before playing quietly until every else is up and going. She is so smart. This past summer she was playing a computer game and said, "So Mommy, multiplication is just adding up the same number over and over?" She then proceeded to learn a bunch multiplication facts without prompting. She just did winter testing with her school and once again was in the 98-99% in everything!
This past year Boo has spent countless hours working at the Farmhouse. She is always the first to volunteer to work and is a huge help! She is learning a lot as she works alongside Daddy, and it's amazing how much she can actually do!
Boo has so much joy. One of my favorite things in the world is watching her dance. So much spunk and joy. It just shoots out of her like beams of light. Love it. I also love to watch her interact at church and Awana. She is always the quickest to invite someone to Awana, at dance or other events. Her light shines bright for Jesus, and she does an amazing job spreading His love to others.
Here is her birthday interview
1. Favorite color: yellow
2. Favorite toy: This elephant
3. Favorite fruit: grapes
4. Favorite TV show: Odd Squad
5. Favorite lunch: PB&J
6. Favorite outfit: The one I wore for my school pictures. That says, "Beautiful"
7. Favorite game: Clue
8. Favorite snack: Granola Bars
9. Favorite animal: Kangaroo
10. Favorite song: This Little Light of Mine
11. Favorite book: Berenstein Bears
12. Your best friend: Jesus! (love this!)
13. Favorite Cereal: Strawberry frosted Mini-Wheats
14. Favorite thing to do outside: Swings
15. Favorite drink: Lemonade
16. Favorite holiday: My birthday
17. Favorite breakfast: Cereal, no blueberry bread
18. What do you like to take to bed: Ruff Ruff
19. What do you want to be when you grow up: a Mommy like you
20. What do you want for your birthday dinner? Lasagna
1. Favorite color: yellow
2. Favorite toy: This elephant
3. Favorite fruit: grapes
4. Favorite TV show: Odd Squad
5. Favorite lunch: PB&J
6. Favorite outfit: The one I wore for my school pictures. That says, "Beautiful"
7. Favorite game: Clue
8. Favorite snack: Granola Bars
9. Favorite animal: Kangaroo
10. Favorite song: This Little Light of Mine
11. Favorite book: Berenstein Bears
12. Your best friend: Jesus! (love this!)
13. Favorite Cereal: Strawberry frosted Mini-Wheats
14. Favorite thing to do outside: Swings
15. Favorite drink: Lemonade
16. Favorite holiday: My birthday
17. Favorite breakfast: Cereal, no blueberry bread
18. What do you like to take to bed: Ruff Ruff
19. What do you want to be when you grow up: a Mommy like you
20. What do you want for your birthday dinner? Lasagna
Happy Birthday my Sweet Boo Bear,
It seems so crazy to me that you are eight years old today! At the same time I can't seem to remember my life without you in it. You are so special. I love your sweet and thoughtful spirit. You fill our family with joy and love.
I so appreciate how responsible you are. I know I can always count on you to do the right thing. You are always the first one to jump in and help out whether it's at home, or at the Farmhouse. You are a mother's joy.
I am so incredibly proud of you. Seven was an amazing year. Dance recitals, Soccer, a starring role in The Sound of Music...in each and every event you shone bright for Jesus. You are such a joy to watch, and you bounce through life with your big grin lighting your face.
I love you more than I could ever tell you. I pray that God will continue to bless your life mightily. I pray that most of all, He would continue to bless you with a heart for Him, a desire to serve Him, and that each and every day you would bring honor and glory to His name.
You are amazing my sweet girl. Thank you for being you. I can't wait to see what eight brings!!!
Love, Mommy
No comments:
Post a Comment