Tuesday, January 9, 2018

Cookie Bakers

The girls were super excited to make the traditional sugar cookies. Boo and Peanut made the dough with a little help and supervision. :)


I found an awesome sugar cookie recipe during VBS. It's definitely the best I've ever tried and it doesn't require chilling the dough so it's more fun for the girls.


We doubled the batch so they all were able to cut out lots of cookies.


Cheese!


While we got them all baked Bug helped me make the frosting and then we were ready to go.


Daddy and Boo ran to the store while they were baking and picked up four new bottles of sprinkles.


They frosted and sprinkled for over an hour and made some pretty sugary concoctions.


And then they took off and left a big mess. This is one of those times when I feel like a good mom would make them come back and clean up their mess, but I know that will just make even more of a mess as they "clean". 


I probably should have made them help, but T and I finished frosting them ourselves and I got the mess cleaned up efficiently. Maybe next year. :P



No comments:

Post a Comment