Saturday, July 5, 2014

Sun, Sand, and Swimming!

The first morning we got up and I opened the curtain.  Peanut gasped and pointed out, “Da beach!”  And every morning after that she would wait for me to open the curtains and then yell, “BEACH!” 

trip13

This was the view from our room for 7 whole days! 

trip14

I now realize that I didn’t take any pictures of the rooms!  Peanut, T, and I were in a nice big room with two full beds and a private bathroom.  Noni and Karen let the girls stay with them in the bunk bed room.  They had their own bathroom as well.  The girls LOVED sleeping on the top bunks! 

There was also a set of bunkbeds in a little nook.  Uncle Sean stayed on the bottom one until the wedding, and then he moved upstairs to the master suite with Auntie Jen.  There was also another powder room upstairs.  The house actually slept 14 but there were only 9 of us.  Side note: one of the couples at the wedding had their flights cancelled and ended up spending two nights on the hide-a-bed in the living room, so at that point we had 11. :)

Another cool feature about the house was that it had a pool on the second floor!!!  It was perfect for the girls.  There was a sitting area that Peanut could stand on and walk back and forth, and it was a great length for Bug and Boo to practice swimming!

vacation19

Happy girls!!!

trip15

The girls swam and swam!

vacation18

And swam some more!

vacation20

For some reason I’m not remembering how this day played out…maybe Peanut slept in and we let Bug and Boo check out the sand??  I can’t remember.  If so then the above pictures should be after these pictures…I think that’s what happened. 

We sun-screened the girls up and let them hit the waves.  Boo looked so adorable I couldn’t stop taking pictures of her!

vacation11

vacation12

Bug was so happy and posed really quick for me before going back to her digging.

vacation13

Lovin’ the beach!

vacation14

I had to get this picture…

vacation16

Since I had this one from our trip to Florida 2 years ago!

beach20_thumb

They loved sitting there letting the waves wash over them.  The waves are so unpredictable!  One will barely touch your toes and the next will come up and soak you!

vacation17

Okay, I think this is where those pool pictures went.  I think we came in from the sun and went in the pool for a while.  Then T and I took off to run a few wedding errands.  We ate lunch out and then came back.  The girls had been swimming, either on the beach or in the pool, the whole time we’d be gone, and then we changed into our suits and took them out in the water again!  Noni grabbed some pictures while we were out there. 

vacation21

The girls liked to be lifted up over the waves.  It was a fun game but my arms got tired after a while so Boo and I came back.

vacation22

vacation24

What an amazing day full of fun on the beach!!!

vacation25

No comments:

Post a Comment