On Tuesday, the ladies at church threw a double baby shower for me and another girl. It was especially fun because they got to decorate for both a boy and girl!
Her baby was born exactly a month ago…doesn’t she look great?!? I’m not holding out hope that I’ll recover as quickly. Haha :)
Here’s a close up of the cake, made by one of my friends. She did a pound cake with a homemade marshmallow fondant. It was really good!
Four generations celebrating another girl!
This is K’s new best friend. :) She’s four or five years older and Bug just adores her. She always wants to sit with her during church and trails after her any time we are there (this is the same girl she did the duet with at Christmas).
We had the added bonus of Aunt Nina’s presence at the shower since she is visiting this week!
Mom, Mama, Karen, Aunt J and family all went together and got us a new car seat! I learned a few years ago that they have an expiration date. I think they last about 5 years…at least that’s what our old one was. I read that it’s because of the extreme temperatures that they endure in the car: it supposedly weakens the plastic. Ours was starting to feel pretty flimsy toward the end of S’s use of it so I believe it.
We had picked one with a really cute bird pattern…very girly…but then we did a little research and this one is the #1 rated for safety. It’s a solid chocolate brown but it’s still cute and I can make it girly with blankets and such.
Aunt Nina worked her crafting magic and made baby A a beautiful cocoon blanket and matching hat. It is so soft and gorgeous work, as usual! I wish I could make things this pretty!
The girls helped me unwrap all the presents. Noni was hard pressed to keep up with their unwrapping. We had to slow Boo down a few times so I could get the card open and tell Noni who it was from. :)
Boo started getting hyper…presumably from the yummy but sugary cake and punch. She was twirling and whirling for Aunt Nina.
Then she confiscated baby’s new blanket and crashed on the pew. She really likes the blanket and says, “It mine. I’ll share it with my baby.” Maybe she felt ownership since it matched her outfit perfectly. :)
T and I have been doing a lot of wondering about how this new one is going to look and act. It’s so fun to think about! Our girls are so different so we keep trying to guess if she’ll look like one of them, or totally different from either! Only six more weeks till we find out!
Thanks for the wonderful presents everyone! And thanks for taking pictures at the shower, Aunt Nina!
How fun!! And I'm glad you said that about the car seat - makes me feel not so bad for getting a new one with Noah.
ReplyDelete