A few weeks ago when Aunt Karen was here she played the piano so Noni and I could sing during the offering at church. We did the old hymn, When We All Get to Heaven. We really only had a chance to practice it a handful of times but the girls loved the song and both of them picked it up really quickly.
It cracks us up when Boo Bear walks around singing it since it is a pretty wordy song. She knows them all though and sings it with pretty good pitch. I tried to get a good video but she wouldn’t stay focused long enough to give me both the first verse and the chorus so I got one later of her and Buggy singing it together.
In this first video she’s not enunciating very clearly because she was very excited about this musical combination of a rusted screwdriver, that she found in the dirt, and the decorative yard butterfly. :)
Sing the wondrous love of Jesus, sing His mercy and His grace. In the mansions bright and blessed, He’ll prepare for us a place.
Here’s an example of her non-focusing. She does this all this all the time. A typical conversation goes like this…
Me: Boo, what should we have for lunch?
S: I tink we shoud have, oh yook! Dere’s Izzy. We shoud have some peanut butter and, can we go outside af-ta yunch? I want peanut butter and jelly. Izzy can come outside af-ta yunch, wif me. And bananas. Yet’s have banana wif our yunch.
I guess it’s more multi-task talking instead of non-focusing. It’s actually pretty impressive, as she can keep up several conversations threads at the same time. So funny.
The duet.
One day we noticed that at the end instead of singing victory she is singing “bakery”.
When we all get to heaven what a day of rejoicing that will be! When we all see Jesus we’ll sing and shout the BAKERY! :)
She sure keeps life fun and interesting!
How fun! Ali's just starting to feel comfortable singing in front of us. I think Noah's going to be a much earlier singer...
ReplyDelete