Tuesday, July 10, 2012

My 30’s

Well I can officially say I am in my 30’s now!  For some reason 30 has never bothered me.  That combined with the fact that T turned 30 in February and all our friends have already turned 30, made me feel like I have already been in my 30’s.  Now I can just officially claim it.

I think part of the reason that I don’t have a problem with my 30’s is that I’ve reached all my inner goals/desires.  My whole life I have pictured myself being a stay-at-home mom with a couple of kids at the age of 30 which is exactly where I am. 

I’m not saying that my life is perfect, or that my kids don’t drive me crazy, or that I rarely get to do something that I want to do unless it is after 8:30pm. :) BUT I am very content and so very thankful for the life that God has given me.  He has blessed me beyond measure with my hard-working husband and these crazy, hilarious, squabbling, goofy girls.  I love them to pieces and I can’t wait to meet the next one! 

birthday

birthday1

We were going to go to the lake for my birthday since it’s been so hot but then the forecast started showing that thunderstorms and rain were going to start at exactly the time we were going, so we changed our plans and went to town instead.

We ate dinner at Red Lobster (a place I like that T doesn’t care for all that much so we hadn’t been there in almost two years) and then we went to a nearby park to let the girls play and help me open presents.

Noni made a delicious German chocolate cake, my favorite!

birthday2

I got some great presents including a pillow-top mattress pad that is several inches thick.  I put it on the minute we got home last night and it is so squishy and soft!  Heavenly.  Now I might be able to get some sleep through the rest of this pregnancy. :) 

T and the girls got me a white bistro set for the new porch!  I have always wanted one and now I have somewhere to put one. :)

I also got a couple of great books that I’m looking forward to reading, a really nice NorthFace jacket from my parents that will be perfect for fall, and some spending money so I can go pick something out!  Everybody spoiled me!

birthday3

Noni also got me some cans of silly string.  My cousin, Sean’s birthday is the day before mine and when were little the mom’s bought silly string for our birthdays...a real treat because it was expensive and we didn’t have a lot of money. 

The plan was to use half the cans for his birthday and the other half for mine.  I believe we were turning 4 and 6.  It was hard to tell how much of the can had been used and we went crazy having fun on his birthday and then we went to use it on my birthday and only got a few squirts before they ran out.  So Noni bought me some more…26 years later to replace it.  Haha :)

The girls thought silly string was the coolest stuff ever!

birthday

T managed, without even looking I think, to squirt me right in the mouth!  Yuck. Haha :P

birthday1

The girls had to try to get everybody.  How fun!

birthday2

What a wonderful birthday!  Thanks for all the presents, cards, and well wishes everyone! 

2 comments:

  1. Happy 30th! You are so young! Sounds like a wonderful birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday, and welcome to 30!

    ...and now I want to go get some silly string.

    ReplyDelete