This past weekend was another busy one for us. We spent Friday night going to a local play. It was really fun because we knew a handful of people who were in it, including our worship leader from church who Bug adores. The play was great and the girls loved it!
The only problem was that it didn’t get over until 9:45 and their bedtime is usually a firm 8:30. Of course they didn’t sleep in the next morning…they were actually up a little earlier than usual! It made for a little bit of grumpiness, but thankfully we had plenty of activities going to keep them occupied until naptime.
It was our annual town celebration, and the last parade of the season for Bug’s dance group. First on the agenda though was a mini-concert by our worship team. It was really fun, and the first time I’ve ever played the piano (well, keyboard) outside. I felt like I was in a real band. Haha :)
Papa and Mama (Noni is in Texas eating biscuits and gravy and hearing some awesome preaching at camp) came out to watch the festivities. T brought the girls over to hear the worship team and they were dancing around with some of their friends. Then he took them over to get lined up for the parade. Boo got to ride on the float again since there was enough room (they’re on the far right).
The worship team finished the set and then I hustled down to where they were lined up so I could walk in the parade and keep an eye on the girls. Someone said we won first prize for our float/dance. The kids do a great job!
After the parade we headed over to the park to get in on the BBQ that was going on. We had to make a little stop to buy a pint of raspberries (that we had eaten within a block) and to pet the puppies that the humane society had out. They were so cute. If we weren’t weeks away from a new baby I would have been seriously tempted to take this little guy home. So cute!
We sat in the park and had lunch with some friends and then let the girls jump in the bouncy house that was set up.
By then they were both starting to droop so we headed over to get some dessert since we’d been promising them we could. I thought they would pick the kettle corn one of the booths was selling since they both love “cop-corn” as Boo says, but they both wanted a donut from the bakery. Why would you want popcorn over a donut as big as your face??
After all that sugar we headed home and they both crashed for hours. Thankfully our Sunday was a lot more relaxed and we were able to rest up for another busy week. The girls are at summer preschool this morning so I’d better get off here and go get some work done while I have a chance!
Even though we already went to Texas this year I'm a little jealous of everyone at Paisano! Andrew's parents went this year too. We forgot it was this week and were trying to get a hold of them this weekend and wondering where they were:)I'm considering going next year just so it won't be so long between visits. Do you think you will be going?
ReplyDelete