Wednesday, May 12, 2021

Farmhouse Floors - Part 2

 I didn't realize there are a variety of patterns in each case of flooring, but we found that there were ten. The girls and I sorted them all out.

 
I forgot to get a picture, but when we started this stack was about neck high on Boo. 

 
Daddy was laying down sheeting while we were sorting. Just laying the laminate down directly wouldn't have made the floor levels even so we had to raise them up a little.

 
Time out for a break!

 
The laminate we chose didn't come with the padded backing so we had to lay it down separately. 

 
And then we were able to get started. We were afraid it would be really hard to get around the fireplace since it is not exactly "square" but it wasn't bad at all!

 
And once you get to the straight stretches it goes pretty quickly!

 
Game night in the kitchen!

 
It took us the rest of the week, but we were finally on the way!

 
Ta da! 
 
 
Now we just have to do trim and lay the transition strips and these floors will be done! I love how they turned out!!!


1 comment:

  1. Love the floor! Your house looks wonderful! You all have worked so hard. Can't wait to see it in person this summer!

    ReplyDelete