School has been going really well so far! Of course it always takes a good solid month to get back into the school routine and this year our month was interrupted by moving, but the girls kept plugging along and found a routine pretty quickly.
Buggy is doing very well at being independent and most days can handle things completely on her own. Every now and then she needs help, but I've been very happy with how well she has taken over the responsibility of her own work.
Here are some pictures of a few of the fun projects they've done so far. Peanut and I had to read Ramona the Brave with her class and she had fun with it. They had to do some kind of art project to represent the book and she chose to make an owl like Ramona does at the beginning. :)
Another week she had to pick a word from the chapter and learn what it meant. She chose spunk.
I thought she did a great job on her final project which needed to included the 5 main elements: setting, characters, events, problem, and solution. You can click on the picture to expand it. I loved her artwork. Her favorite part was when Ramona says a bad word, "guts". Haha!
Here are a couple of Boo's art projects. She also had a book and book report to do. She chose Henry Huggins which I enjoyed because I had never read it. Peanut loved that he is in the same class as Beezus and it mentioned Ramona a couple of times. This looks small, but is actually a large poster board that she did with all the story elements.
One day in art she had to make a genre calendar page like the Limbourg brothers did in France.
Another art project...Bruneschelli's dome in Florence, Italy.
And another art project was creating a sculpture of an animal out of clay. She chose a tiger. :)
Peanut's teacher has had two gatherings nearby so we've been able to see her twice. Peanut loves her!
These aren't actually school work but Peanut has been making books. She does them all by herself and I love the phonetic spelling. :)
That's all for now. Hopefully we'll have some more fun projects we can show off later.
Awesome writing and art projects!!
ReplyDelete