The first week we were at swim lessons I noticed that there was an older group right before Peanut's class so we walked down one day afterwards and I asked if I could sign up Bug and Boo for the second half of the session. They had room so when they got back from Texas we started going at 9:30 so they could do a lesson too.
It didn't seem like they were too far behind and they did a great job learning some stroke development and diving. Here they are learning to breathe with their head to the side.
Bug.
Boo.
Peanut did amazing! I was so proud of her for just jumping in there and going for it!
We invited some friends over to have lunch and swim in our little pool after lessons one day. I put Peaches in her suit and she had a BALL splashing her heart out!
So fun!
Peaches was not so easy to watch at swim lessons. The second week I started making a lounge chair playpen/barricade that didn't keep her totally in, but at least slowed her down a bit. She loved putting her feet in the pool but didn't always wait for me to help her...just made a beeline for the pool!
Boo is always my good helper. :)
I took them to the playground one day after lessons but instead of playing they gathered sticks and made TeePees on the sidewalk. Haha.
Peanut and I started doing her lessons while we waited her turn at the pool. It gave her something to do and freed us up in the afternoon.
Peaches LOVES markers and once I finally started bringing some she stayed in my makeshift playpen much better!
I was really happy that the big girls got to work on diving.
By the end they were doing really well!
Bug.
Boo.
Boo found a caterpillar crawling by the pool one day. We looked it up later and found it is a yellow swallowtail.
I thought it was so weird/cool how you could see his blood (I assume?) pumping in the back!
To pass the Level they had to demonstrate mastery of a list of tasks so they spent the last few days checking those off.
Peanut's stroke (with noodle assistance) really improved!
The last day they got some free time in the pool and had a blast!
Boo wanted to show me her front float.
So happy!
Bug was too busy having fun for pictures.
The younger class got to wear life jackets and swim all over. Peanut and her friend L were swimming with their arms around each others' shoulders. So cute.
All three girls passed their levels so they'll be moving up next year. Good job little fishies!
No comments:
Post a Comment