Friday, August 18, 2017

Playdates and Treats

 In an effort to keep Peanut from missing her sisters too much I think we oversold their departure. She had THREE playdates and got lots of extra treats while they were gone. Haha!

Playdate #1


Ice cream after running to town for Farmhouse supplies.


Grandma and Grandpa came over one weekend and helped us at the Farmhouse. We went to dinner before they headed home and Peanut got an ice cream bar.


Peaches was happy to sit on the table and play with the straws. 



We spent most of our evenings at the Farmhouse.


We poured self-leveling concrete on top of the regular to get it nice and smooth.


Chalk is all the rage at our house this summer!


Playdate #2 - she got to go to L's house and they took her out for ice cream before coming home! Lucky girl!


So sweet!

My goal for the summer has been to get Peanut reading. I did not want to tackle that simultaneously with 2nd and 5th grade! She has been doing an amazing job! So proud of her! 


Here's a little video.


Peanut wanted a picture by this post when we were walking home one day. :)

I noticed the girls were quiet one day and I peeked around the corner to find them reading together. These are kind of blurry because I didn't want to interrupt them by getting close to take a picture. :)


Precious.


Playing "here comes the bride".


Playdate #3!


We went in and had diner with Papa and Mama one night when T had an evening meeting and Peanut was trying to hide some toys she didn't want to share with Peaches. I started laughing so hard when Peaches decided her best course of action was to sit on her sister! And bounce up and down really hard! SO funny!


We celebrated the first week of swimming lessons by going to lunch with friends and then getting ice cream.


These two definitely got closer while they were the only kids around for 12 days! 


This little one can't have ice cream but if she finishes her whole sandwich she gets to double fist the Cheetos!


We sure missed our big girls but we had a fun 12 days as a family of 4!

1 comment: