The bulk of their trip was spent at our family camp. The rest of these pictures are all from there.
K: I chose the top bunk because I had a fake spider that I lowered down onto Aunt Karen who was below me. Seyler was above Noni.
S: We are on K's bed. We both got top bunks.
S: This is is our cousin [third, twice removed].
S: This is the bookstore rocks.
K: Noni calls these the bookstore rocks because this is where the bookstore used to be. Sometimes Noni would let us run ahead after lunch and let us climb on the rocks for a minute before they caught up to us.
S: I'm in cabin with Aunt Jody. It was fun having Micah around. We played games, we read books, we had so much fun.
S: This was our yummy breakfast before day camp. I got different stuff everyday.
K: This was my favorite swing. Sometimes Micah would come up and try to push me in the swing. I was doing a crossword puzzle.
S: This is me and Bug opening our letters from Mommy and Daddy that they sent in our backpacks.
K: We never even noticed our letters until we got there. This was the third to last day that we saw them.
S: We are at the Indian Mounds playing in the holes the Indian's dug. No...that was a different day. This is over by the bridge. We are catching tadpoles. We caught tadpoles but we didn't bring them home. One of my day camp leaders named Brant got baptized. But before he did there was a frog swimming in the baptism tub that I caught when I threw him out. I put him in this empty cup a nice lady gave me. I took it home to the cabin and then the next day I released him at the Critter Race.
K: I caught a bunch of tadpoles. I let them go as soon I caught them.
K: Breakfast, it was yummy. I mostly got pancakes and grapes and bacon. Lunch and dinner were good too.
S: Bug and I are running back from Day Camp.
K: It was tiring running back and forth to Day Camp.
S: I am playing in the pool with Micah. K was just dipping her feet in.
K: I got my feet wet only, because it was cold.
K: They had a party/fair by the bookstore. We had a water balloon toss and then a fight. I got this facepaint there. Noni said that if I got a sunburn I would have an imprint of an Indian on my face.
S: I took a nap because I was tired because I got up at 6 o'clock in Texas, so 4 o'clock here.
K: I took a nap before S did because I got dizzy in the green and blue swing, and figured it would be best to take a nap.
S: We are in Fat Man's Misery.
K: It's hard to climb. I went there with my Day Camp a couple times. I listened to testimonies on the rocks.
K: This rock is called the saddle. S was begging me to get on it and I finally did.
S: This was Thursday. Look at this rock that looks like Illinois.
S: We are doing flips. Do you know what I did? There was this bar and I could push and up do flips around. It was really fun.
S: We took a picture in front of the bell. It mostly got painted every night. I like this one the best. We got this kind lady to take a picture of us.
K: The artist who painted this had the initials A.S. and it was probably from the Day Camp group the Red Chili Peppers because it has a red feather.
K: Micah tried to grab the sucker out of my mouth.
S: We took this picture because we do it every year.
S: Here's another one. Micah is getting ready to go to breakfast.
K: I did the same thing last year. This was the last day.
S: Micah loves his breakfast.
S: We always take a family picture in front of the cabin. Pawpaw came on Wednesday.
S: This was our last breakfast.
S: My favorite part of camp was Cowboy day. Cowboys came on their horses and we had fun games. We played rope the cows and crack the whip. We got snow cones every day at day camp except for I got different flavors. I really loved the mystery flavor. I was an Indian and we had yellow feathers. One of our camp leaders wanted us to be called Yellow Snow. Isn't that disgusting?? But we were called the Yellowjackets. At Day Camp we sang songs, we did our cheers, and one day we won the Spirit Stick! The Spirit Stick means that you get snow cones first. We won it by saying a good cheer, and by being the loudest.
K: My Day Camp group was called the Trick Birthday Candles. We were cowboys and had orange bandanas. I won the Spirit Stick twice in a row, Thursday and Friday. My favorite snow cone flavor was cherry.
K: This is Aunt Karen dropping us off at the airport to come home.
It sounds like they had a wonderful trip full of lots of new memories! Thanks Aunt Karen, Aunt Jody, and Noni for taking such good care of them and helping them have a great trip!
No comments:
Post a Comment