My Mama-brain can hardly believe our little Peanut is five. FIVE! Isn't she supposed to stay our little Peanut forever?!?
But even though I sure do miss those snuggly baby days I am loving watching our Peanut grow into a little lady. This kid Cracks. Me. Up. She is hilarious. She makes me laugh multiple times a day with her silliness.
Some of her favorite things are playing with her sisters, dancing, playing Barbies and Calico Critters. While she prefers to have someone to play with she can also play on her own happily.
She LOVES to be read to...I think she'd be happy to sit and have me read her books all day. Bernstein Bear books are the favorite.
She also loves the iPad and would play on it all day if I would let her! She's better than I am at navigating it too. :P
She loves to get dirty! And is REALLY good at it. So often we'll go out to the house for just an hour or so and she can be covered in dirt/dust within two minutes of stepping out of the car. She loves nature and just today picked up a leaf and said, "Isn't God crea-tah-dive?" She will go outside and play for an hour+ just digging in the sandbox and doing her own thing.
She LOVES swimming and is so brave! She will jump in and get her face wet with no qualms. She passed swim lessons with flying colors. I was so proud of her!
She has been doing so well on her reading and is excited for Kindergarten. She loves to do workbooks and will sit for long periods of time doing page after page.
She LOVES crafts: Play Doh, Perler Beads, and painting are the most favorite.
She is so sweet to Peaches and they are fast becoming the best of friends. She can easily fall into the "pesky little sister" role with Bug and Boo, but for the most part they play together nicely.
Here is her birthday interview:
1. Favorite color: blue, baby blue
2. Favorite toy: Te!
3. Favorite fruit: apples
4. Favorite TV show: Kung Fu Panda
5. Favorite lunch: peanut butter and jelly
6. Favorite outfit: this one
7. Favorite game: I don't really have a favorite
8. Favorite snack: trail mix, peanut free (I made this for the camp out in case of peanut allergies it was Goldfish, pretzels, M&M's, mini marshmallows, and raisins. T declared the mixture disgusting but the kids seemed to like it :P)
9. Favorite animal: You already know this! But baby giraffes too!
10. Favorite song: I don't really have a favorite. All the songs are my favorite.
11. Favorite book: Berenstein Bears
12. Your best friend: Jesus
13. Favorite Cereal: Honey Nut Cheerios
14. Favorite thing to do outside: play on the slide
15. Favorite drink: Lemonade
16. Favorite holiday: Thanksgiving
17. Favorite breakfast: donuts!
18. What do you like to take to bed: Te and Te blanket
19. What do you want to be when you grow up: a Ma-ma
20. What do you want for your birthday dinner? peanut butter and jelly!
Dear Peanut,
My goodness I love you little girl. It amazes me how unique and special you are. Sometimes I think I couldn't love you any more and then you do something to prove me wrong. You can always make me laugh with your silly faces and dance moves. You love to strike a pose.
You have had such a big year with preschool, dance, and being in the Sound of Music. You completely blew me away in the production! Your maturity and stage presence defied your age. People were continually shocked to hear you were only 4! You played Gretl better than the girl in the movie and several people said so. I am so incredibly proud of you. You are amazing.
I love hearing you sing praise songs to God in the car or scripture songs. You learned so much in Cubbies this past year and I know you are going to knock it out of the park in Sparkies! It is so fun watching you grow into the little lady God created you to be. I pray that you will always trust Him and seek Him first.
Happy 5th birthday my sweet girl. I love you more than I could ever say. I know 5 is going to be great!
Love, Mommy
No comments:
Post a Comment