Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Lego Car

The girls have been saving up their birthday and Christmas money for months and the other day they finally spent a little bit of it. K&S chose Barbie items, and Peanut made Daddy happy by choosing this Lego car. She was quite proud herself!

legos

This was her first time purchasing something on her own. Notice the shoes on the wrong feet. Her motto lately is, “I can do it by myself! I don’t need helps!”

legos1

She did really well with the whole concept and happily carried her bag out.

legos2

I thought that I would have to pretty much build it for her and was shocked when she sat at Noni’s table for TWO HOURS and built it piece by piece.

legos3

I showed her how to read the booklet and gave her very specific instructions such as, “We need a blue, flat, two-bump, rectangle.” and she would dig through all the pieces to find it. Then I would tell her where to put it and she put it on.

legos4

The first hour she worked with almost no help. The second hour she started getting squirmy and the directions got more complex, so I helped out a little, but not much! I couldn’t believe her focus and determination to get this car built!

legos5

She said, “Daddy be so proud of me! Take my picture! Send it to Daddy!” Such a big girl!!!

legos6

I don’t know if I’ve mentioned that she seems to be giving up her nap some days. And then other days not so much. Since she was so focused on her project and didn’t seem at all tired I let her stay up.

But unfortunately things headed south once we got in the car. She and Boo both fell asleep on the way home and didn’t even wake up when we got back.

legos7

I let them sleep in the car while I made dinner and then asked T to go get them up. Peanut was NOT happy! She refused to eat a bite, and cried hysterically in her highchair unless I held her hand while I ate. T finally got her out to hold her. Her lip was out a mile. It was so funny it was hard not to laugh. I’m not sure she’s ever been so upset!

legos8legos9legos10

So much for our big girl! Haha :)

No comments:

Post a Comment