Whew! VBS week always wears me out! It’s only 2.5 hours each morning, but I never once sit down and all the planning and getting everyone ready and there seems exhausting.
Thankfully this year we were SO blessed to have Grandma spend the week with us!!! There was nursery offered for the worker’s kids but I can rarely get Peanut to go in the nursery for 35 minutes during the sermon on Sunday so I knew there was no way she’d go for 2.5 hours! Grandma graciously agreed to come out and take care of her all week so I could do snacks without my un-helpful helper. :) Peanut and Grandma had a great time here at home! Grandma helped me out around the house too by doing dishes and laundry and taking the girls for a walk one afternoon. SO SO nice! I am truly blessed with such a wonderful mother-in-law!
Our theme was Sonworld, an adventure theme park. This was my first year to be totally in charge of snacks so I kept it pretty simple:
Monday: goldfish crackers
Tuesday: “caramel apples” (apple slices with a dollop of caramel)
Wednesday: animal crackers
Thursday: mini-corndogs
Friday: popcorn
Bug and Boo did awesome this year! Last year Boo didn’t want to stay with her class, but this year it was no big deal. She happily went off with her teachers and friends with a smile and wave in my direction.
Bug of course had a blast with all her friends! Here she is during craft time.
We went out to Mexican food one day and Peanut and Boo taught Grandma the hand game. :)
One of their crafts was a big clear balloon with all manner of confetti and glitter. Bug loved it! I was nervous it was going to pop in the car. :)
I had to take some pictures of Boo looking so cute one day when I went in to drop off her class’s snack.
Art project time!
We’ve had weeks on end of sunny 80 degree whether and Monday dawned a cold and rainy 50 degrees. It rained Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday. Thankfully this year we have a new addition going up so the kids were able to play and get some energy out during game time without getting wet.
I snapped this pic through the window when I was walking by Boo’s room. No idea what she is so intently explaining. :)
I thought everyone did a great job decorating the church! It looked really fun and the kids loved it!
Boo got to go up and help lead songs one morning.
Buggy making a hamburger book…
Boo making a crown…
And Bug and Boo both got to go up and help lead songs on Thursday.
Here they are with some of their friends.
It was a great week of VBS!
And thank you SO SO much for helping us out all week Grandma! You’re the best!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment