Thursday, June 19, 2014

Parks and Picnics

Last week I needed to borrow something for a friend.  She already had plans for a day at the park so we joined her playdate. 

Peanut was SO excited to see the ducks and geese.  She was reaching both hands out and saying, “Look!  Look!” You can’t tell how big these geese are from this picture but they are eye level with Peanut, probably weighing more than she does, and they’re not too shy to get up close!

park

The girls had a great time running around with the other kids, exploring the park!

park1

Miss K offered to take Peanut down the slide.  She loved it!

park2

So did the big girls.

park3

Whee!

park4
Bug has become such a helpful big sister!  She is really great with Peanut and is a big help to me when I need an extra pair of hands!

park5

Peanut was happy to be free and ran all over climbing on anything she could reach.

park6

She really loves animals like her biggest sister!  Boo, as a baby, would never have let an animal get this close to her! Peanut, in an opposite manner, wanted the goose to come up to her!

park7

Sweet Boo.

park8

We hit the carousel as soon as it opened.

park9

Peanut may love real animals but she wasn’t too keen on the fake ones!  She refused to get on a horse so after several tries I gave up and sat on one of the benches with her.  She was getting really antsy waiting for the ride to start so I let her take a few selfies. :)

park10

When we started moving she wasn’t sure what to think.

park11

But then she discovered that she LOVED it!  She was squealing and laughing, saying, “Yay! Me! Yay!”

park12

We ate a little picnic lunch with our friends.

park13

And then it was time to go.  I had to stop at UPS to mail Bug’s school books back (they send you mailing labels so it doesn’t cost anything) so it was past Peanut’s naptime when we got home.  Usually she lays in bed talking and singing for a while before she falls asleep, but I took this picture about 90 seconds after I put her down.

park14

What a fun day!

No comments:

Post a Comment