On Sunday we had another Freezer Meal Party. I don’t know if I mentioned that I am part of an 8:8:6 group which means you have 8 people, who take turns hosting 8 parties, every 6 weeks. It’s really nice because every time my freezer meals start to run a little low it is time for another party and a whole new set of meals. There are tons of menu sets to choose from and so far they have all been really different: crockpot meals, comfort foods, and around the world (had an Asian flare) are a few of the ones we have tried. I am loving the flavor and variety of the Wildtree products! It’s definitely revamped dinner around here!
This time the lady who was hosting chose the KidTastastic menu set which meant kid-friendly recipes, AND the kids got to come help us put them together! They had so much fun!
I asked Noni to come with us so that we could each help one of the girls, but it turned out that Boo wasn’t feeling too good and Noni took her home about halfway home. Poor thing has been sick for over a week and it really comes and goes. I thought she was done with it by Saturday, but then Sunday afternoon she fell asleep after church (where she was totally fine) and I had to wake her up to go to the party. She was excited about it and perked up, but it only lasted about 20 minutes before she was wiped out and asking to go home. I actually took her into the doctor’s yesterday and he is running a test to see if she needs antibiotics. He thinks she might have some type of bladder or urinary tract infection.
She did have fun for a few minutes.
The menu set has 10 meals and I double mine so I end up with 20. We let the girls pick a number and start dumping in the ingredients. You mush all the seasonings/oils around and when you get home you throw them in the freezer. When you are ready to eat them you pull them out, thaw them and then follow the directions on the bag. Easy peasy!
Noni took Boo home shortly after that picture, and Buggy had to be my big cooking helper.
She found my phone and wanted to take selfies. :)
Here are all the girls at the end of the party.
What good little cooks, and a fun “Mommy and Me” date! I can’t wait to try some of the meals we made!
Such a fun freezer meal party! All of the kids were great helpers!! I hope Boo feels better soon-poor girl!
ReplyDeleteIf you know of any of these groups that I could be a part of this upcoming fall, I would love it!
ReplyDeleteI'm so glad you hosted that first freezer meal workshop! I've had so much fun getting to know the ladies and Im guaranteed to get to see you every 6 weeks :)
ReplyDelete