T had to work on his birthday so we tried to get in as much celebrating as we could. We picked him up for a lunch at our favorite spot for some yummy Pollo a casuela!
All three of our girls LOVE Mexican food. Almost as much as they love Chinese food. :)
People think Peanut is especially funny because she loves salsa so much that she will lick it off the chips and request a double dip. :)
But I think their favorite part is the little chips with whipped cream on them (mistakenly called “sopapillas”…anyone who has ever been to the South knows what a REAL sopapilla is!) at the end of the meal!
We had to take some pictures for Daddy’s birthday!
We took him back to work and then he was able to come home a little after four.
We gathered up all his presents and let him open them up.
He got birthday money and two Amazon gift cards so he is excited to do some online shopping!
Bug and Boo made him birthday cards. Bug was being goofy…
…so she got some tickle torture. :)
Peanut confiscated one of the presents and casually sat down with it.
“Uh oh, I’ve been caught.”
But Daddy and the other two didn’t notice her in their excitement over opening the girls’ gift.
They picked out the Lego Treehouse
And then they noticed her. :)
The girls also bought Daddy’s favorite…Oreos…to which he responded with a perfect Cookie Monster impression: “Cooookie!”
Peanut has been doing this funny thing where if you ask her to hand you something she will toddle over to within two/three feet of you and then stretch out as far as she can to hand it over.
Noni arrived just then with presents from her and Papa, Mama, and the present I purchased before Christmas and hid at their house. T is REALLY good at guessing his presents with hardly any clues so if I want him to be surprised I have to take drastic measures. We still joke about the one Christmas Eve (K was 18 months old) that he sat straight up at 3:30AM and said, “You got me a router bit set!” I was sooo mad because I had tried so hard to make it a surprise! Haha :)
Another stretch and lean…
Mama got him a socket set he’d been wanting.
And Noni and Papa got him a really nice NorthFace jacket.
Noni grabbed a family picture for us…
and then T, Peanut and I took off for town while Noni took the girls to Awana for 40ft. banana split night! I’ll have to get her pictures and post them later.
We met Grandma and Grandpa in town at our favorite hole-in-the-wall Thai food place. It was Grandpa’s first Thai food experience which made for a lot of laughs. :)
After dinner we headed over to FroYo for some birthday frozen yogurt. Peanut was wired after sitting still in the restaurant for over an hour and she ran in and started dancing, much to the amusement of the other FroYo patrons. :)
She was SO happy. but then she got SO sad when I wouldn’t give her the cup because I had to have it weighed.
When I finally got it paid for she was once again SOO happy!
She insisted on sitting on one of the little mushroom shaped stools like a big girl and loudly protested when I tried to move her once.
What a goofball!
Happy Birthday Daddy! We love you!!!!!
Great pictures!! A good birthday looks like!
ReplyDelete