Friday, March 7, 2014

“Laugh With Me!”–Part 26

December 25th

While she was playing one of the bible trivia games on her new tablet from Noni and Papa she got several correct in a row and it said, “You should be a Pastor!” to which she hotly responded, “I am NOT a boy!”

December 26th

Finding bits of cake spilled on Noni’s kitchen floor I asked, “K. Did you spill your cake?”  “Yes,” she answered truthfully. “Well what do we do if we make a mistake?” I asked her.  K: “We hide it!”

December 27th

We were at the movie theater to see Elf with Auntie Karen and we had a few minutes to wait so K asked if she could ride the horse in front of the arcade.  I told her I didn’t have any quarters so she turned to her next victim, “Auntie Karen do you have any quarters?”  She didn’t, but she did have a dollar and there was a change machine.  We went over and K put the dollar in and got the four quarters back.  She was thrilled with the discovery of the machine, and when I told her to say “Thank you” she gave a little curtsey to it and said, “THANK YOU!” She could not figure out why we were laughing so hard.

January 2nd

K: “You have to find a husband before you can marry.

Me: “Yes that is a good plan.”

K: “Maybe I will marry Daddy.”

Me: “Well you can’t because I already did.”

K: “You get what you get and you don’t throw a fit.”

January 20th

K: “Boo is sooo depressed because I won’t let her color my picture.”

Me: “Where did you learn that word??”

K: shoulder shrug

January 24th

I always tell the girls, “I am going to vacuum so you’d better get your stuff off the floor before I suck it up.”  I’d given them 10 minutes and then plugged it in, and when I got to K’s room she burst out the door.  “I was SOO scared when you were almost here but I just said ‘Trust in the Lord, trust in the Lord, trust in the Lord!” and I DID it!”

1 comment: