Saturday, June 1, 2013

“Laugh With Me!”–Part 21

December 5th

K came home one Wednesday evening and said, “My Awana teacher is going to buy me the Rapnuzel castle!” I looked at her funny wondering how she came to the conclusion that her Awana teacher was going to buy her a $75 toy.  “What makes you think that?” I asked cautiously.  “She asked me what I wanted for Christmas and I told her! So that’s what she’s going to get me!” 

December 23rd

When we went on the Christmas light cruise they handed out letter forms that said, “Dear Santa, I want…” and told the kids to tell Santa what they wanted.  Since we don’t do that tradition Bug had never written a letter to Santa so after the “Dear Santa, I want…” she filled in “you to have a Merry Christmas. Love, K”

January 7th

One night at dinner she came racing in and sat down at her place.  Quickly scanning the contents of the table she said, “I LOVE it when you make corn soup!” T and I laughed, “It’s called creamed corn.”

January 10th

We were talking about her upcoming haircut at the salon.  She said, “Maybe my hair will turn yellow.” Confused, I asked, “Like hair dye?”  “No,” she shook her head, “Like when Rapunzel got her hair cut.  It turned brown.”

January 16th

It was quiet time and Buggy was playing in her room.  Grandma had given her the game Trouble for Christmas and I could hear it popping away on her floor.  Later she came down.  “Mommy!  Guess what I was playing?” she asked excitedly. “Trouble?” I ventured.  “Yes!!  And guess who won??” she jumped up and down.  “Buggy?” was my wild guess. “YES!” She grinned like she knew  was being silly. “Because I was playing by myself” then she looked a little crestfallen.  “And I cheated.”

Smile

1 comment:

  1. How precious that she wanted Santa to have a merry Christmas!...and the dejected cheating comment...that is so like her...honest and innocent.
    Noni

    ReplyDelete