Saturday, June 22, 2013

VBS

Whew!  What a week!  I am always exhausted by the end of VBS, but it is so much fun! 

I was one of the snack ladies again this year.  Our menu was:

Monday – dirt cups (pudding, Oreo crumbs, gummy worms)

Tuesday – fruit kabobs

Wednesday – Root Beer Floats

Thursday – Smores

Friday – Trail Mix

Boo was in the nursery with the three year olds…

vbs1

She is so thoughtful.  She did something to earn a sticker so she picked one for her big sister, even choosing green since she knows it’s K’s favorite color. :)

vbs

Bug had a BLAST all week!  Every time I saw her she was busy with one thing or another!

Here she is painting a clay pot that she had made the day before.

vbs2

Outdoor games with friends!

vbs3

It was a not-so-good week weather wise.  Monday was 80 and gorgeous but the rest of the days it was cold and rainy.  They finally got to play outside again today, but I think it was only 55 out there! Brr.

Boo Bear didn’t fare as well as Bug.  I think she is still just a bit too young.  I am in the bad habit of forgetting she is only 3.  She is pretty mature for her age and she and K do everything together, making me forget that she is a lot younger than her big sister!  I realized that with dance too.  Looking back I should have made her wait another year, but she just SO wants to do what her big sister does that I put her in stuff and forget that she’s not quite emotionally ready.

Monday and Tuesday she did great and stayed in her room the whole time.  Wednesday she had a mini-meltdown when I served her room snacks and she ended up coming with me the rest of the morning.  Thursday she was done and asked to stay home with Mama who had come to stay with Peanut (so nice!).  Friday she reluctantly went in her room and made it most of the morning before spotting me.  After that she helped me with my snack deliveries. :)

vbs4

vbs5

vbs6

All in all it was a good week and we all had a great time!  I think we had over 80 kids on the last day! 

vbs7

Yay for VBS!

No comments:

Post a Comment