Saturday, June 8, 2013

Fishy Fishy in the Sea

How many fish-ies do you see?

I have that, and other rhymes, stuck in my head from going to swim lessons with the girls all week! 

We had a pretty crazy week!

Monday: swim, t-ball. 

Tuesday: swim, dance. 

Wednesday: swim, sleepover at Noni and Papa’s. 

Thursday: took Noni to the airport for her big trip, went to town, bought T Father’s day presents, did errands, swim, t-ball. 

Friday: take a breath! 

I don’t know how working moms manage to fit everything in!  It took me three days just to do my laundry!  Usually I take one day, start at 8 and am done by 5ish, but with being in and out all week I would stick in a load and then dry it whenever we got back from wherever.  It was definitely busy!

I had been trying to figure out how we could get Boo some lessons since she is too small for our local pool which is 3’6.  Then, last week, a friend told me about swim lessons in her, nearby, town where the pool goes down to 3 feet, so I got the girls signed up!  I still had to go in with Boo since there were 9 other kids in the class, but she was able to touch the bottom just fine as long as she stayed at the end.

Noni was able to go with us the first two days which made Peanut a lot happier; the other two days she just had to sit in her carseat and watch.

This pool is indoors which was nice since it wasn’t that hot at the beginning of the week. 

swim

Boo was SO excited that she got to participate.  She pretty much just jumped up and down in the water, giggling, and smiling the entire time!

swim2

A couple of the girls’ friends were there too.

swim4

The teacher was really great and taught the girls a lot in four short days!

swim5

And now I have a better idea of how to help them as they learn to swim.

swim6

swim7

Boo is VERY comfortable in the water and I have to be careful that she doesn’t get in over her head…literally and figuratively. :)  Bug is still very cautious but she is getting more comfortable too.  I think if she would just give it a go she’d be able to swim, but she’s not ready to let go of me/the wall/the kickboard and go for it.  Maybe we’ll be able to help her get up the nerve this summer!

swim8

My little fishies!

swim3

2 comments:

  1. You did have a busy week! C loves swim lessons too and I have been debating where to sign her up for them at! Looks like the girls had fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Every time you add another activity the schedule gets crazier. Emery has been in swimming lessons on Saturdays for the last 3 months. And Owen had his first lessons this month. Owen is like S, way too eager while Emery is a lot more cautious.

    ReplyDelete