On Saturday morning we woke the girls up at 6:45 (SO early for us!) tossed them in the pickup and headed to the annual garage sale extravaganza!
T got this picture of Peanut snuggling with her lovey when he went in to wake her up. I never let the Bug and Boo sleep with stuffed animals as babies because I thought they would somehow suffocate, but, as per the third child, she gets to sleep with her lovey every night and every night she is snuggled up with it. So sweet.
I didn’t get any pictures of us garage sale-ing because we were too busy making deals! Buggy did the best of all of us. We gave her $5 and Grandma gave her some coins…I think like $1.50. She scored a PILE of stuff for that six dollars and fifty cents! Being cute helps. She would take a $2 item up to someone and hold out two quarters saying, “Is this how much it costs?” and people would say, “Aww, of course you can have it for that!” She got Barbies, stuffed animals, bags, jewlery, and who knows what else!
I got tons of clothes for the girls. I love buying their clothes at garage sales because then if they ruin it (or I should say when) I don’t get uptight about it. I also scored three pairs of tap shoes for $7.50. That will save us about $60 next fall! One purchase I was excited about was a hamster cage! Yes, I’ve been trying to talk T into getting a hamster for the girls. I always had a hamster growing up and since we’re homeschooling we need a class pet, right?! :) Well, now we’ve got the cage so we’ll have to see about the hamster!
Some of our friends joined us and we had a great time walking from house to house finding treasures. We went from 8-12 before taking a break. We met up with the family for lunch and then hit a few more garage sales before heading home. The girls looked like this before we even left the town…
As soon as we got home it was time for some graduation parties. Here’s our favorite graduate…our sweet next door neighbor who has been babysitting the girls for the past four years. We are sure going to miss her when she leaves for school in the fall!
Whew! What a busy but fun weekend! Now that swim lessons and t-ball are done it’s time to finish up dance with a bang! We’ve got Tuesday/Thursday rehearsals this week and the end of the year show on Friday! Bring it on!
Awesome!! You will have to fill me in about this sale and where it is at!
ReplyDeleteHow fun!! I'm impressed with your tenacity to tackle that with a baby in tow.
ReplyDeleteI wish I could have made it to the garage sales this year! Love the story about K getting the good deals. haha!
ReplyDelete