Once again T and his dad spent a busy weekend working on the house! I keep telling myself that one of these days we are going to be done, but that day never seems to come. :) We ARE almost done, but it still seems like there is a lot of work to be done. At least it’s all small stuff now. Staining the porch, landscaping, etc.
The porch has been on for a while now it was just waiting for a railing. I was thinking the railing would just be functional; I wasn’t counting on how cute it would be and how much it would change the look of the house. I absolutely LOVE it! It turned out a million times better than I even imagined! It makes it look like an old farmhouse. Love. Love. Love!
Grandma let Peanut spend some time in the fresh air. It has been SOOO nice lately! I thought summer was over but we have been in the mid 80’s and the forecast says we’re going to stay that way for a while. I’m loving it, and so do the girls!
Peanut spending a little time with the girl’s favorite neighbor. :)
Bug helping…actually she told me she was making a doll for Boo.
I feel like I didn’t get too much done this weekend while the guys were working so hard. I did clean the kitchen, which is a bigger task than it sounds like because we manage to make it look like a hurricane comes through every 24 hours. :P
T gave me the gift of letting me sleep in on Saturday morning! Once I nursed the baby at 7:00 he took her out to the living room and let me go back to sleep. So nice!
I forgot to mention on Peanut’s one month post that the girls have been so sweet about playing quietly in the mornings. It’s so nice that Bug can read now because she will go into Boo’s room and read to her for a while or play with her.
Peanut has been starting her day somewhere between 7:15 and 8:00 every morning so normally they are just playing while I’m nursing, which is nice because she’s already starting to get distracted while they are in the room. This morning she woke up at 6:30 so since Daddy had an early meeting I fed her, put her back in bed and put a pillow over my head until she woke up again at 9:00. It was nice to get some extra sleep.
Here’s a little video I got of Bug and Boo playing in Boo’s bed (through the monitor). We bought a video monitor with some of the gift cards people gave us for Peanut and it is so nice! I really like it. So much so that we went and bought an extra camera for Boo’s room. She is very good about laying quietly in her bed after naptime…sometimes for up to an hour, but she gets grumpy if you wake her up too early so it’s nice to be able to see when she is really awake.
I also forgot that I was going to write down a few facts about Peanut’s first month. I got an app called iBabyLog and it keeps track of everything you could possibly imagine. I’ve only used the nursing, sleeping, diaper changing, vaccinations, and Dr. visits features, and for that reason I can see that in her first month of life I nursed her 222 times, and that she has had 240+ diapers. I say + because on those occasions when she used a diaper within minutes of it being freshly changed I only recorded the first one. I think her current motto for life is, “In one end and out the other!” :)
Here she is enjoying a little playtime on the beautiful little quilt that Auntie Diane made her, thanks Auntie Diane!
We’ve got a busy week ahead: dinner with friends, Awana or “wana” as Boo calls it, and the first day of dance class. That was supposed to happen last week but there was a string of wildfires that swept through the area and the firefighters had to borrow the building where dance class is held so it was cancelled. Boo was SO sad! I told her and she looked away for a second. When she looked back she had tears streaming down her face! She cried for almost ten minutes! Poor thing. She was so looking forward to it. Thankfully she only has a few more days to wait and she’ll finally be able to go. I’ll be posting pictures of that later in the week!
No comments:
Post a Comment