Saturday, September 1, 2012

Adjusting

I’d say we”re adjusting pretty well around here.  I think Boo Bear has had the hardest time, but even she is doing great now.  Neither of the girls have shown any signs of jealousy, but Boo had a hard time understanding that Mommy couldn’t pick her up. 

Thankfully when I saw my doctor on Wednesday he was happy with my progress and said I can pick her up again…just not a ton. He is very relaxed and easy-going which made it surprising when he felt so bad about my c-section. He is apparently very against c-sections. I knew that part of the reason he is so busy is because he is well known and sought after for his success with VBAC deliveries. 

When we got to the appointment we got one of the new nurses, but a few minutes later my favorite nurse came in the room and hugged me, twice, and was saying how sorry she was that I had to have a c-section.  Then my doctor came in and said, “How is my sweet couple who had the surprise of their lives?” He was apologizing for not being there for us (he was on vacation with his family) and we could tell he just felt so bad! He’s so nice. 

Part of the reason he felt so bad was he thought she must have been breech and he didn’t realize it.  He actually called me at home a few days after she was born to see how I was and apologize, but I got to thinking about it and I think she must have flipped that weekend before she was born.  The entire pregnancy she only kicked on the right half of my belly.  I remember thinking it was so strange because the other girls were all over the place, and that weekend she gave me a big kick on the left side. The way she was moving felt like she was horizontal in there all of the sudden.   It was very noticeable since she’d never done that.  I think that is when she started to turn, and then the other doctor didn’t realize it because he was too busy trying to keep poopy water from getting all over him when we saw him.  Haha :)

I think if my doctor had been there he would have realized what was going on and tried to turn her.  He implied that he would have tried a regular delivery first before giving me a c-section.  Oh well, it’s done with now.  He did say that if we have another that we will definitely do a VBAC unless I just don’t want to. Since I have had two successful deliveries in the past and the only reason I had the c-section was because she was breech it shouldn’t be a problem at all. 

We have always planned on four kids, but I think it’s going to take a while before we get over the trauma of this delivery.  We are both feeling like maybe three would be enough for us after that experience, but maybe given time we’ll feel differently. 

Anyway, here are some pictures of our two littlest girls. :)

firstdays13

So happy!  Boo love love loves “her” baby and is always saying, “Aww, she so cute!” and “My baby so pe-cious!” and “I wuv my baby!”

firstdays12

We’re very happy that the girls love her so much.

firstdays11

Now Peanut just needs to get a little bigger so their “help” is not quite so scary. :)

2 comments:

  1. Your girls are so sweet. I can't wait to see baby girl and visit with you tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm curious, since you had two regular births before the C-Section. Has the C-Section been that much harder to recover from? I was surprised at how easily I recovered, and always wondered if regular births were that much easier afterward.

    ReplyDelete